Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 GL Oil Pressure sensor reads low suddenly

I assume I will be needing a new oil pump but I'm having a hard time locating one for purchase. Is there any place that anyone knows where i could purchase one, and does anyone have any advice or insight on the problem? I appreciate your help and time. Thank you.

They are not available. Pretty much hens teeth at this point. No longer manufactured and VERY sought after by those looking to maintain their EA82. Virtually impossible to find. 

That said - no engine low oil pressure problems are ever solved with a replacement oil pump. If the pump is shot then the engine is close behind. Re-seal the pump and check your pressure with a known good mechanical gauge. If it's still low - start looking for a replacement engine. Oil pressure is a function of resistance to flow. Oil pumps produce flow - not pressure. If there's no resistance to flow (to create pressure) then the clearances inside the engine are irreversibly large.  

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

On 10/18/2021 at 6:30 PM, Mandrake86 said:

I assume I will be needing a new oil pump but I'm having a hard time locating one for purchase. Is there any place that anyone knows where i could purchase one, and does anyone have any advice or insight on the problem? I appreciate your help and time. Thank you.

Could be some gunk in front of the sensor, or the Mickey mouse seal on the oil pump. 

It dose have oil in it right?