Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL-10 Turbo Sluggish throttle response / low power

Hi all, I'm back with the GL-10 turbo wagon. I've done a complete reseal with all new seals and gaskets. New fuel system (pump, lines, injectors, filter, etc.) 

I've replaced the fuel filter twice since the reseal. The car sat for years and changed hands several times before I found it. The throttle is still very sluggish. My other wagons with EA82 engines with SPFI seem to have more power than the turbo MPFI. 

Last week I pulled the injectors just to look at the spray pattern and to see if possibly they were clogged. The spray looks fine. Pump is less than a year old (good quality replacement). New plugs(gapped .045), cap, rotor. All the usual tune up stuff. 

What I don't get it why is seems so unresponsive. If I mash the throttle, it thinks about it and slowly raises the RPM. When I put in gear (Automatic) it really feels gutless. As I said, my other wagons were much "snappier" with SPFI. 

I am hoping there's a reasonable solution. I've tried swapping the TPS with no noticeable results. The MAF is different on the Turbo MPFI equipped EA82. 02 sensor? Haven't tried that yet. 

I am contemplating pulling the fuel pump and seeing if maybe it's blocked from crap in the tank, if so, installing an additional filter pre-pump. While I'm at it, blow out the entire system to make sure I'm getting a steady fuel supply. I do have the original injectors still, I got the replacements from RockAuto.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Looking to sell this vehicle and soon as she's going properly. It's the last one of my heard! Thanks for all your help thus far. Couldn't have done any of it without this forum! 

Edited by Dbeluscak