Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1978 utility, brat, brumby. Mad max build

20211002_110203.thumb.jpg.2bf00d26bed7fb2277a33406fdaf4b33.jpgHey everyone. Got a 1978 subaru utility,brat,brumby it's been rolled its not road legal but I want to make it an ultimate off road madmax looking beast has roll bar full bull bar. Motor has been sized and unsure what will be the easiest moto swap to give me as much power as I can get and allso keeping it 4x4.... any help greatly appreciated I tryd uploading photos but file size to big. Would like to raise suspension higher and chuck bigger feet on her

Edited by Zarad

As others have mentioned, there are many options and it depends on how you want to go about it. 

There was one in South Oz that was done on a classic Range Rover body. Actually, thinking about it now it was a L series wagon but the principle is the same. 

Cheers 

Bennie

Have to add , there’s likely still an unfinished TOTAL FIBERGLASS SHELL Brat sitting on a Bronco frame in Massachusetts 

Subafreak and I witnessed it. Not sure how many hours the guy had into that. He recently resurfaced but I didn’t bother to keep up with him. 

So yeah , options ...enjoy !