Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Roll call for Seattle RallyX this SUNDAY ((RESULTS are up))

Just wondering who is going to be there? When does the morning session start and should we set a place to meet up or will it be easy enough to find each other?

I’m still hoping to make it, running looks like a no-go and even spectating is looking iffy, but I’m gonna try.

Gary

P.S. if I do make it over does any body need me to bring anything, tools, timing light or such, I'd be happy to help with what I have.

Gary, you can find most of the information you need at http://www.nwr-scca.org/rallycross/July_18_2004.htm. Ignore the fact that they haven't listed a starting time, I'm sure they'll update the post now that I've "nudged" them. However, you'll find that morning tech and registration usually opens at 8am. Afternoon tech and registration might be open as early as 11am. The place is small enough you'll have no trouble finding us. I'll be there in the early morning with a blue brat and a camping canopy with all my junk and spares tires and stuff. It'll be pretty obvious where we set up for this. We'll look forward to seeing you.

I cant make it. I have a midterm on Tuesday, I still need to finish the BRAT, still have some woodworking to do for Shannon... I still dont trust my car fully anyway and I need it for work/school. (since the brat is only half lifted its not a suitable backup yet)

So I'm sitting this one out :banghead:

Ken, he's not after you, :lol: , he's after the Justy. And if in the process he knocks you off too, all the better. Good luck Rob!!!

Have you seen the times for Goodwin (appropriate last name I just realized:grin: )and his Justy? More power to you, but this is a guy that beats fully prepared Open class cars and drivers; especially when the track is wet. Good luck Rob, you WILL need it.

Hey, the T-Wagon "race?" was in a straight line on the street. Cant compare that to the track :-p I'm itching to race, its been 2 years. Should have been running the T-Coupe, now that its got some beauty marks its not a biggie any more. If anyone remembers WCSS3, I ran on Sunday's Fun Run. And I had the fastest time out of all classes. This time I have good tires :brow: Oh, and while cleaning out the car today, I had to get rid of 3 hornet nests. Only got stung once;p

Craig, I didnt see your post till now. I went to bed early so I could get up in the morning. Those were some of the worst track conditions I've seen yet. I'm real lucky I didnt toss a rock into my engine :mad: It was drier than the Sahara today and when the truck finally got out there the track was wet for maybe 3 runs. My times werent that great, but not that bad after a 2 year hiatus. My fastest was a 1.21.+ but it got worse after that. It was hard to carry any speed into the corners because of the ruts, and if you did it would just throw you out with no control. To much air, it was a fast track. Hopefully the one in Brooklyn will be better, I would like to be there. And the T-Coupe ran great, I just need to make some mods :burnout:

Yeah that track did deteriorate quickly; i'm lucky that production got to run first. By my last run, the course was trashed. I hit a couple of ruts that just tossed my back end around and i had t back off on the gas. Atleast back in February the ground was moist enough that things didn't get bad until the afternoon. And what was up with the water truck, They only sprayed enough down to settle the dust for 2 or 3 cars.

Just imagine the poor people... (me) lol who had to run open!!! Last class... That was some BUMPY stuff! I had my rump roast end jump up a few times and nose dive and seriously messed up my license plate and my lil splash gaurd thingy that is somewhere on the course. Also dented the skid plate that had no dents in it before... I'm glad I put that skid plate on though. :)

It did get a bit rough and deep (and I was only in the second group), the continually changing course made it tough, and I think I ran over someone’s headlight too. My RX seems none the worse for wear, though the axel that was making a little noise last week seems a bit louder now. :rolleyes: Fourth run was my best with a 1:20.27 (I think), I’m happy with it for my first RallyX and I learned at lot, I need to find some better techniques to rotate the car in the tighter stuff, maybe a bit more aggressive with the left foot braking.

I saw some people taking pictures, I would love to find one of me drifting in that final sweeper. :banana:

Anybody know how long it might take for the results to get posted?

Nice to see some of you guys there.

Gary

P.S. I was the big hairy guy with the RX