Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No more PK LIFT KITS

P K

:o hmmm...attention-getter. I appreciate all the good words lately, thank you. I just wanted to say for all the EA81 and EA82 owners that have purchased, or may consider to purchase, a lift kit from me - "PK" that, it has always been and will continue to be a "BACKYARD BOYS" (BYB) lift kit. While I take ownership for the quality and customer support in the USA version, the design and continued refinement is by BYB... (okay, I help refine a little - LHD differences ya'know).

Brett (BYB in OZ) and I have a trusting relationship to support the Old Gen Subes with a guaranteed, well-proven kit. I am flattered that people refer to the kits as "PK Lifts" , but I would prefer to further proliferate the good BYB name. (okay all, change your signatures, LOL) Next run of decals will exemplify this too.

Thanks for your ear, Patrick "PK" Davis.

p.s. EJ/Legacy lifts are so close.

I guess I always called ita BYB lift cuz I started out on the BYB forums over 4 years ago. Saw those BYB dudes doing Gayamakanas (did I spell that right? Lol) with Brett's home lift and was HOOKED!

So glad you guys got a deal going for a more affordable BYB lift in the USA. Keep up the good work, both of you :)

THank you

:banghead: don't scare us like that !!!!!!!!!

;)

I second that... I've spent the last year and a half dreaming over how my next Subie is going to look, and a lift is going to be fairly integral to all of it. And if I've got to go all the way to Australia to get it, it's gonna be a tad bit more difficult.

Somebody ought to run up a decal, something like

"BYB Lift with help from PK."

Or something to that effect.

I have installed a few of these for friends, no problems at all and well engineered.
DITTO, PK has always been very profession and an integral part of the Hatch Patrol. Keep it up PK.

Maybe an idea for the lift name s/b

BYB/USA

Hey PK.....

I like how you aproached that.......:)

I as well am glad to see you will continue to build and sell for Brett.....

I in no way shape or form am trying to take business from you, in fact I have sent many a do it your selfer your way for 3/3 and 3/4 kits.....easier on me so I can build the Bigger Rides...... :burnout:

I have installed a few of my Kits on Cars that Come to Me for install, But I haven't had the time to refine my Kit enough to just ship to any ole'Joe Shmoe....and with you out there doing 3/3 and 3/4 there's been no need to..

Why fight over potential sales, when I can build and install a 6 or 8 or 12 inch Kit along with the other things that go with them.......

Keep Up the Good Work......Your Friend In Oregon.......

Mudrat (John), thanks. I have no intentions of building 6"-12" lifts either. All yours :) . I saw Jared's divorced transfer case and F/R diffs setup in person, and it was nice! very custom, good work. I admit I drooled a lot and had brainwaves runnning for many nights after that... as well as thoughts running the Rubicon as you did with Weeble, lol. For anything greater than 4", I refer inquiries your way. Ditto to ya.

I am really stoked about the Legacy/Liberty lift, which will round out the BYB offering - again only 3-4 inch lift. It has taken too long, but its going to be nice. Can anyone see a market for that EJ engine to EA transmission adapter? {Arcenio with finger on temple} Hmmmmmmm.....

Hey PK....

Thanks For the Qudo's on Jarods Lift....I need to call and chat with you about the Legacy Lift.....

I am neck deep in the EJ-to-Ea5 speed Adaptor.....I am working the Bug out of the One thing I don't like about the Whole gig right now ......as Soon as I have a Materials Price I will let folks know from my end.....I have 3 Locals not counting me , standing in My line for them....:)

Tex, e-mail or call me, I still owe you 10.00 for a dead turbo unit....:)