Ultimate Subaru Message Board

09 Forester with missing heated seat switch harness!

We've got a recently purchased '09 Forester LL Bean (produced in '08 before Subaru and LL Bean went their separate ways, but it is the newer body style) I was wondering why the heated seats weren't working, so I pulled the center console only to discover that there's no wiring harness connected to the heated seat switch!  I looked around, thinking that perhaps someone had disconnected it and tucked it away somewhere- no dice. So, I guess either someone installed a junkyard center console or pulled out a blanking plug and installed a switch? Or the wiring harness is there and I'm just missing it. 

It's baffling. The car is high spec, has power leather seats, the electric moonroof, the electrically heated areas on the windshield where the wipers park....

Under the driver's seat there are three black clusters of wires and one orange or yellow one for the airbags. Does anyone know how many connectors and cables a car with power heated seats should have? I think that figuring out if the car has heated seat elements will go a long way to solving this mystery.  I'm open to any other theories or advice too. 

Odd!  Can you look up vin and info on cars101 and try to verify trim and options?

Then I’d check FSM pin outs for seats or heated circuit. Should be able to count how many pins or connectors using FSM. 

I have a 2014 Forester parts car if the harness happens to be the same and you need it it’s yours. 

Thanks!  I took a look at Cars 101... the early Beans had an optional cold weather package which later became standard.  The car seems to have the markers of the package (like the heated wiper areas on the front windshield) so the simple explanation of "no optional cold package" seems to be out. 

Is there a good place to download the FSM? 

Thanks for the offer of a '14 harness idosubaru. Let me investigate further. If the seats don't have heating elements in them, that's going to be the end of the line for this project. 

1 hour ago, hankosolder2 said:

Thanks!  I took a look at Cars 101... the early Beans had an optional cold weather package which later became standard.  The car seems to have the markers of the package (like the heated wiper areas on the front windshield) so the simple explanation of "no optional cold package" seems to be out. 

Is there a good place to download the FSM? 

Thanks for the offer of a '14 harness idosubaru. Let me investigate further. If the seats don't have heating elements in them, that's going to be the end of the line for this project. 

I just start searching until I find one.  If I can’t I buy the discs on eBay. 

Shoot I knew mine was newer Gen , 09-13 and 14-18 are different generations, harness is likely different.

I might have an 09-13 FSM but Ive worked on legacy/outback like 10-1 more than foresters so I’m not sure.  I can check tomorrow if you still need it.