Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Found a clean XT6 for a good price on Facebook marketplace

Wow that’s one sweet looking XT

Pardon my asking but do you think it’s worth that much ? 

For the “gotta have it” types a bit distant there’s always transport. Lots of us have gotten vehicles shipped coast to coast , corner to corner. And plenty in between. 

The one we had (4cyl) with the failed air suspension , oh boy , that was kind of uncomfortable. 

6 hours ago, moosens said:

Wow that’s one sweet looking XT

Pardon my asking but do you think it’s worth that much ? 

For the “gotta have it” types a bit distant there’s always transport. Lots of us have gotten vehicles shipped coast to coast , corner to corner. And plenty in between. 

The one we had (4cyl) with the failed air suspension , oh boy , that was kind of uncomfortable. 

That’s a brutal ride, every bump makes you cringe! FWD so no air suspension and makes the price more unattractive than it is. 

Edited by idosubaru

I’d be cautious that it’s been resprayed, looks like it may have had one done looking at the lack of paint work shine in the pics. 

It would be worth checking it out in person if you were seriously considering this unit. It’s got the “spider” manifold which is said to be better than the regular run of the mill EA82 MPFI unit. 

Hardest part is making the decision without emotion taking over. There will always be another one, you might have to wait a while between the offerings out there. Or you might find one via word of mouth through friends, family and friends of friends. 

Learn what to look out for with these vehicles and that’ll help you out with picking a solid unit for your enjoyment ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

5 hours ago, xXArchusXx said:

How much would this one be worth

It’s worth whatever someone will pay.   I chose my words appropriately and didn’t condemn the price.

99% of buyers won’t pay that. That’s the price of a near perfect 4WD low mileage one. But the 99% doesn’t matter. Seller is probably flipping it and clearly looking for those 1% of buyers with cash to burn. given the microbe sized market for XT6s that could take 10 years or 10 minutes. 

That’s how selling anything goes. Higher prices above average take longer average time to sell.

like someone sitting on property hoping a large commercial development company buys it for well over nominal price. It happens, but not often, and most people who want it don’t get it. 

Edited by idosubaru
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, el_freddo said:

I’d be cautious that it’s been resprayed, looks like it may have had one done looking at the lack of paint work shine in the pics. 

It would be worth checking it out in person if you were seriously considering this unit. It’s got the “spider” manifold which is said to be better than the regular run of the mill EA82 MPFI unit. 

Hardest part is making the decision without emotion taking over. There will always be another one, you might have to wait a while between the offerings out there. Or you might find one via word of mouth through friends, family and friends of friends. 

Learn what to look out for with these vehicles and that’ll help you out with picking a solid unit for your enjoyment ;) 

Cheers 

Bennie

it is a Spider because it is the ER27 :)

25 minutes ago, Step-a-toe said:

it is a Spider because it is the ER27 :)

That’s a face palm moment! It’s even written in the advert title and again on top of the engine after I looked a bit closer. 

So that’ll also have the 5 stud setup and AWD. Bit of a unicorn these days I’d imagine. A 3L H6 conversion would be pretty sweet B) 

All the best with the decision. 

Cheers 

Bennie

11 hours ago, idosubaru said:

Nah, it's a FWD. 

I thought the XT6 name plate was all AWD with the six cylinder! 

The few rare examples over here were personal imports and AFAIK all were AWD. 

The XT4 AWD turbo variant was available from local dealers but is still a rare car over here. 

Cheers 

Bennie

5 hours ago, el_freddo said:

The XT4 AWD turbo variant was available from local dealers but is still a rare car over here. 

Cheers 

Bennie

The xt6 came in auto fwd, auto 4wd and manual 4wd.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Cheers 

Bennie

FWD auto, 4WD Auto, 4WD manual available here.

Some of them from there were part of subaruxt forums so I know of them from there. Have you ever seen one in person or know any of the owners?  I get Aus and NZ owners confused but I think Dima was in NZ. I shipped him some parts 20 years ago. Lol 

Edited by idosubaru
  • Like 1

If it’s something you’re really interested in, ask whether or not it’s been repainted. It’s very difficult for me to tell, but I think it has. No branding on deck lid and I think I see overspray in different places. Pictures are not good enough to see. If it has been, then you really want to look it over closely.