Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I rolled my 1997 legacy into a creekbed. Fresh gravel/sand on a corner I was too comfortable with and over corrected twice. 

I'm fine, it's fine. Just some dents and broken plastic. I need a new seatbelt, it locked up and had to cut myself out. I'm not exactly sure what models/years are compatible specifically for the seatbelt

If I can't find one, has anyone had luck with those "seatbelt rebuild" places? 

Any advice on getting the trim off to get to the seatbelt would be helpful as well. 

The rear view mirror popped off, it doesn't look broken but I can't figure out for the life of me how to pop it back on. 

Thanks for any help 

Glad  you are OK.

Pics of the mirror and seatbelt would help.

If you have a self serve junk yard near you, the parts would be cheap.

Seat belt runs up the post under the plastic trim.  The trim has one push pin on the rear side that needs to come out and then the plastic will pop off the post.  It helps if it's warm.

10 mm bolts hold it in.  The top I think is a 14mm bolt.

Larry

Ah. Subaru did its job, glad you’re okay.

Used.  

Rebuild places are probably intended for the SRS single time use newer belts like found in 2001+ Subarus. Maybe they can do older ones too but I’d imagine it’s not economical since it’s intended to serve as an option for more expensive parts. Worth a call to see but I’d go with used.

eBay or car-part.com