Ultimate Subaru Message Board

LOYALE 1992 ENGINE CODE DIAGNOSTIC HOW-TO?

More qualified folks will chime in but as I recall Loyale series uses the flashing system. Is the light flashing long and then short flashes ? 

Example would be two long then three short = 23 

Without looking at just from history I’d suggest it may be a thermo sensor or CO2 ... but I’m older and been off EA82’s for quite some time. 

Good luck. 

I can never remember which plugs they are - black or green. I think it’s green for EA and black for EJ, like I said, I can never remember. 

Remove the kick panel above the driver’s feet and have a pole around in the wiring. The plug colours are all that matter, from memory the wire colours in the plugs are different for the same plug colour ;) 

Then ignition ON, engine not running, count the flashes as moosens said. 

Look up a chart in a gregroies manual or fsm, whatever you have available and go from there. 

Cheers 

Bennie

6 hours ago, Numbchux said:

Since this is another one of those accounts that just posts once with a strange link in the middle and never responds, I imagine he doesn't care.

Well spotted Numbchux. I saw the link but didn’t think much of it as it seems relatively “normal”, just in a weird place. It’s the same for all of their posts on the forum, a whole three now. 

Cheers 

Bennie