Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 Justy 4WD -- Engine ID Help?

I suggest you listen to GD. I finally had to quit using my Brat as a daily and a toad after 25 years. Parts are getting hard to impossible to get and while I have parts cars and it's ej'd I can't tow a big enough trailer to bring them with me. I love my Brat but it has been relegated tow Saturday dump runs (2 miles round trip). I have several I would love to daily including a turbo coupe, a wagon and a sedan but all are down for lack of parts.

8 hours ago, Rooster47 said:

That is good to know. Thanks. I DD an old 70's Toyota FJ40. Parts are easy to get, and Toyota even announced recently they are bringing some more parts back into production. Guess I was hoping a newer Subaru would have fine parts availability.

There's literally nothing for old Subaru's. This is not a Toyota FJ or a Chevy truck where you can just hop online and pay exorbitant prices for Chinese reproduction parts that almost fit and kinda work. I know all about that on my 86 Trans Am, 91 Formula, and 84 K5 Jimmy. 

My hatch is an ornament in front of my shop. It's much too difficult to get parts for to drive it. I can get parts for my M1079 LMTV easier than I can get parts for an 80's Subaru. 

Also - Justy's were absolute trash. I wouldn't want one in mint condition with a truckload of spare parts. The whole engine design was a solution looking for a problem Just get a Geo Metro if you want such a thing - at least the Suzuki engine in those was pretty good and you only have to baby the transmission on them. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder