Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2016 Impreza, what bumper to order

BigHugh

I'm not very familiar with Subaru. I'm a Florida sun tan, baseball cap wearing, mullet redneck who drives an F-150.

My wife drives a 2016 Impreza hatchback. Since we've been married it's had no issues, just oil changes and that's it. This morning she got in a car accident. She tried to make a U-turn where she shouldn't have and somebody rear-ended her pretty good. It was completely her fault. Luckily the other guy was in a pickup truck and had no damage and agreed to not exchange insurance information and just drive on.

Thankfully my insurance rates won't go up, but I'm left with having to foot the bill to repair the car.

I have a good trustworthy mechanic/body shop guy that I've been going to for years and I'm very happy with. He's going to do the repairs, but he doesn't order parts, that's up to me, (one out of the reasons I like going to him, it keeps the costs down when I order the parts and bring them over).

I need a rear bumper for my wife's 2016 Subaru Impreza. I need recommendations on where I should order it from, I know from experiences with my pickups over the years that not all aftermarket parts are created equal. I usually order Ford pickup parts from LMC truck, but they don't have the Impreza bumper.

I don't want to break the bank, but I tend to lean more towards quality over price with auto parts. Any recommendations on what brand and what website I should order it from are much appreciated. Thank you.