Ultimate Subaru Message Board

One more from Arizona -New guy intro

I've owned a 2003 WRX wagon for about 3 years. Typical World Rally blue with gold rims. It just turned 200K miles on the original, untouched engine. A few bolt-on mods and lowered slightly. Only major thing done to it since I bought it was a new center diff at 195K.

Also have a EJ20T going into a rear engine 65 Corvair but still very much a project under construction. That setup mates the engine to an old Porsche 5-speed using a Kennedy adapter.

So I recently ran across an 87 DL wagon for sale and trying to decide if I should buy it. That is what brought me here.  I'll ask further questions and be reading up on that platform in the proper forum section. Reading about the EA82 engine hasn't scared me off yet and I will not consider a swap. I would be buying it from the original owner with all paperwork saved from Day 1 so want to keep it very original if at all possible. It's a dry desert car too so no rust but some paint and interior UV damage for sure.

20220331_071201.jpg

pic-004.jpg

20170617_132727.jpg

Welcome.

You have two cool cars... why not make it three?

We are biased here, but I'd say you couldn't go wrong with the DL wagon, unless they want your arm and leg in exchange.

It will be a nice daily driver for you and sip the gas slower than your EJ engine cars when tuned correctly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 6 Star said:

Welcome.

You have two cool cars... why not make it three?

Seller is asking $3000 for the DL wagon. More than I want to pay having a few issues that need attention. I made him an offer. If he counters, I'll pass. No big deal since a week ago I wasn't even looking for another car.

• 2 weeks later...

I much prefer the quad glass DL headlights for durability. Also, the manual window cranks and simplicity of the DL work for me. Less trouble as the car gets old.

The Corvair 4-dr under the cover is in nice shape but my wife's 65 with working factory A/C is the good one in the family. 

Edited by azdave
  • Like 2