Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 gl10 turbo ecu.

Hi everyone,  its been a while since i was on.  I've been fussing with this car and finally got it running not 100% but well. Most common items have been replaced.  Coil, cap rotor etc. Vacuum lines, fuel system parts and more. 

Recently have narrowed down my loss power issue. Not firing on 1 and 3.  When cold the injectors will respnd and run on all 4. Gets warm 1 and 3 dead. I replaced the injectors on 1 and 3 still same issue but now cold and hot seem dead on 1 and 3.  

Im leaning on the engine control unit under the steering wheel to possibly be the reason. But i dont know for sure. Ideas or help troubleshooting this issue would be awesome.  Im so close to having this old girl back in action.

hang on, there is "firing" and injectors "squirting" ...firing is spark - do you not have spark? Or you not getting fuel squirt by the injectors? Your ECU - is it three plugs or four? I know my three plug would err.. "fire" as in squirt fuel from both injectors at the same time per bank and would not be surprised if all four fired, sorry, squirted at the same time...so along these lines, wondering if you could bridge or jump the Earth wire from the ECU to injectors, bridging all injectors together so they do all fire, sorry (again) squirt fuel at the same time at all four?

• 2 weeks later...

Some basic organized diagnostic procedures starting with compression AND leak-down tests should have the problem sorted out in short order. Do NOT assume that any part or system is "good, tested, or trusted" until you verify it for yourself. Especially a new or reman part. A smoke (vapor) machine can be useful in locating hard to find vacuum or boost leaks. It can be difficult to offer this type of help in an internet forum when you don't know anything about the person working on the vehicle and their skill level, not to mention the history and condition of the vehicle. The EA82T is probably one of if not THE most universally disliked engines that Subaru ever produced. That being said my 89 GL10 Turbo wagon is the only EA body vehicle I own that hasn't been swapped to an EJ and it's still one of my favorite cars. To me an EA82T with 1 and 3 (same bank) is screaming "my headgasket has been leaking for 20k and my cylinder head is cracked."

Edited by Crazyeights
Typo