Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:)

Hi ...very new to the Subaru forum

I wish I new about this sooner .... took my car on 10 months ago for a noise had wheel bearing replaced.  A few months  in heard noise took  same mechanic couldn't figure out.  I found a Subaru mechanic  worked 25 years for dealer ....went out on his own ....  heard grinding noise ... I guess my new wheel  bearing  was never torque  properly  and  the reason for all of my problems . Excessive tire wear brakes calipers sticking. I spent a $2500 with old mechanic  including  4 new tires  ...to never have  a properly done job.  It the best car I ever had  ...under the hood engine...very strong engine  NEVER  gave me any trouble  starting  on the coldest mornings  ....I always excessively changed my oil. Interior is like new , I do have some rust around wheel....110,000 miles ... need advice  ... is car worth putting  $1700 ...and getting maybe many years ...  I saw Subaru in this man shop with close to THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES some had more.. and running strong.

Hate to junk the car for scrap ...she been so good to me ..... I almost feel guilty if I did. Thanks 

the rust will kill that car long before anything else will if it is properly maintained
and yeah, and 110k that car still has many more miles in it. i have purchased used Subarus with 200k plus on them and driven for years.

at this point, your top priority should be timing belt/pulleys if it has not been done yet. as in as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I had a '98 Legacy wagon for a long time. It was a great car- wish I never sold it last year. I replaced it with a 2006 Forester that began overheating 2 weeks after I got it and has spent more time at the mechanic than with me.

• Sad 1