Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2008 Legacy Sedan Front Bumper and Headlights vs 2005 - 2007

I'm  helping a friend who hit a deer put their 2008 Legacy Sedan back on the road.  

Headlights are listed as 2008 - 2009 Only.  They have a plastic mount that the headlight attaches to.  

The 2005 has what looks like the same headlight but a metal support.  Of course the bumper cover mounts are different.

They are too new for me, but I was thinking if I swapped out the complete bumper, headlights, mounts the 2005 may work on t he 2008.  Anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Larry

Can’t confirm.

Did you check radiator support?  If that’s the same in 05 and 08 then everything forward will bolt up if it matches the bumper, fender, grill and undercarriage attach points.

Did you check the grill?  I’ve seen bumpers shaped differently around the grill due to grill differences in same generation 2005+ Subarus. can’t recall which years/models.

Edited by idosubaru

Nope, would need to swap everything forward of the doors.

Outback has a higher hood line at the front.  Swap Hood, Bumper, Grill and Headlights.

All could be done but at a costs.  

Love those 95-99 Subaru Legacy/Outback.  Like Legos.

3 hours ago, lmdew said:

Nope, would need to swap everything forward of the doors.

Outback has a higher hood line at the front.  Swap Hood, Bumper, Grill and Headlights.

All could be done but at a costs.  

Love those 95-99 Subaru Legacy/Outback.  Like Legos.

How did you figure it out?

First post said Legacy, no mention of OB.  I thought you meant 05 legacy to an 08 legacy. Were you trying to swap outback parts onto a legacy?

Spent some time in the yards on Sunday.  It's a base Legacy Sedan.  He hit a deer - hood, headlights, bumper, grill, radiator, AC condenser, fans and timing belt covers all needed.

We pulled the radiator support.  I pulled all the mechanical parts and a good hood.  Still hunting headlights and the supports.  He may have to go to ebay or www.car-part.com.  So it goes.  It will be back on the road.

1 hour ago, lmdew said:

Spent some time in the yards on Sunday.  It's a base Legacy Sedan.  He hit a deer - hood, headlights, bumper, grill, radiator, AC condenser, fans and timing belt covers all needed.

We pulled the radiator support.  I pulled all the mechanical parts and a good hood.  Still hunting headlights and the supports.  He may have to go to ebay or www.car-part.com.  So it goes.  It will be back on the road.

I use carparts.com for rad support and headlights sometimes.

I hit a deer two weeks ago too, glad you got him on the road to getting fixed back up.