Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Adding Map Lights to 2002 Impreza TS

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone added map lights to their older 2.5i Imprezas?  From what I gather, the connector is present on the main wiring harness on the A pillar, but the actual harness is not installed.  The solution is to add the harness and run it up to where the map lights should be, cut a hole in the liner, connect map light, and install map light.  Good to go.  Anyone have any success?  Pointers?

Any idea on part numbers?  There aren't any WRXs in my local junkyards.

16 hours ago, Daskuppler said:

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone added map lights to their older 2.5i Imprezas?  From what I gather, the connector is present on the main wiring harness on the A pillar, but the actual harness is not installed.  The solution is to add the harness and run it up to where the map lights should be, cut a hole in the liner, connect map light, and install map light.  Good to go.  Anyone have any success?  Pointers?

Any idea on part numbers?  There aren't any WRXs in my local junkyards.

I haven't done this with an impreza but I did on my '95 Legacy and it was basically that easy. I used LED bulbs so I just pulled power from the dome light. It was fairly simple, all the screw bosses were there. Probably the trickiest part was cutting just the right size hole in the headliner. I would imagine it would be similar in your case.

7 hours ago, laegion said:

I haven't done this with an impreza but I did on my '95 Legacy and it was basically that easy. I used LED bulbs so I just pulled power from the dome light. It was fairly simple, all the screw bosses were there. Probably the trickiest part was cutting just the right size hole in the headliner. I would imagine it would be similar in your case.

I would be using LED as well. Thanks for the input

• Like 1