Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 To EA81 Carb Engine Swap

GD Thanks for your response, I do have a good complete EA81 carb engine and it looks like that I should be able to switch the complete Intake from the EA 82 over to the EA81 Block but the Dizzy is different I have read somewhere that they can be changed over also. I don`t remember the steps on that I guess you would have to change the shaft and gear to fit the cam gear in the EA 81. Is that possible without damaging the dizzy? and will that run the engine in correct timing?

GD I forgot to mention both cars are Auto Transmissions and that all looks good to swap, hope I`m right on that ? If this is all possible I probably will have a mess capping off some vacuum lines and the sort?

the EA82 dist into EA81 involved retaining EA81 dist drive cog to install on EA82 dist in it's correct position, chop the excess off below drive cog and chop a hold down ear. That is all I recall reading. Sounds like a plan to retain all the spfi and let it run on EA81. The spfi manifold touches the EA81 block casings so trim some meat off underside of spfi intake manifold, in a dry fit no gasket, no gasket goo dry fit first

• Like 2