Ultimate Subaru Message Board

source for EA82T Hitachi Distributors or Ignition modules ?

Don't you wish you bought one or two modules when Rock had them at $300 a piece ?? When I asked about them, someone kindly offered used for around US$150 plus necessary postage. I declined the offer figuring these 37 year old now modules need some consideration .... working on an EDIS4 and Megajolt thing. But Speedyefi may have a solution for you using the Series Two optical distributor and the DIYautotune Nissan wheel inside replacement for VG30 and was it ET28? I had one fail on me in 200,000km and 15 years, but it failed on me at a most inconvenient time ! Fix was easy though :) Swapped in a spare, near enough donated to me :)

I had been tinkering to make, by hand, a mounting block to install a standard two pin module as a basic rescue part, just to get some spark. The 4 pin and two pin modules do not use the same mounting hole centres, for a first problem.

Edited by Steptoe's photos

Thanks for the responses - I was off forum and forgot I'd posted the question !  I've managed to find a used Distributor off a salvaged car so both of my rigs are good at the moment.... the search continues for backups, I'll look into the suggestions above !

Rich 

On 8/6/2022 at 9:22 PM, Steptoe's photos said:

Don't you wish you bought one or two modules when Rock had them at $300 a piece ?? When I asked about them, someone kindly offered used for around US$150 plus necessary postage. I declined the offer figuring these 37 year old now modules need some consideration .... working on an EDIS4 and Megajolt thing. But Speedyefi may have a solution for you using the Series Two optical distributor and the DIYautotune Nissan wheel inside replacement for VG30 and was it ET28? I had one fail on me in 200,000km and 15 years, but it failed on me at a most inconvenient time ! Fix was easy though :) Swapped in a spare, near enough donated to me :)

I had been tinkering to make, by hand, a mounting block to install a standard two pin module as a basic rescue part, just to get some spark. The 4 pin and two pin modules do not use the same mounting hole centres, for a first problem.

I thought about the two pin idea a few days ago.  I have my son looking at the dead dizzy to see what we can reverse engineer.

Can you elaborate on the Speedyefi comment ?  Turns out they're not far from my home.  Didn't see anything on their website having to do with series 2 distributors or even Nissan components.

The Nissan component is found on a business called DIY autotune I think they are, just been taking notes recently. They do a slotted disc for Nissan distributors to change the slots to suit other ECU installations so, I think the wheel contains 60 slots minus two slots not cut out so call it 60 -2 , 60 minus 2

I am learning on a 36 tooth crank fit wheel that has one tooth deleted, so they call it a 36-1. The missing tooth is a signal for ECU. If you send an email to speedy efi asking for Isaac Dalton tell him what you have and concerns and he can take it on from there with you hopefully. I think it is a total ECU change 

8 hours ago, carfreak85 said:

Just looked in the 90-94 parts catalog.  22100AA440 - Distributor assembly, applies to all models 3-door/sedan/SW/TW both turbo and N/A.

I wonder what is in the 440 - probably optical like 410 and 450

440 being from 90-94 will not be same as our 4 pin module equipped mechanical advance and vacuum cannister that does vac advance and  boost retard for us

• 3 weeks later...