Ultimate Subaru Message Board

powered cover fog lights off JDM EA82 - hitting big time values yet?

Nothing EA82 is a hot item in the US. There's very few left on the roads and their value is very low. Honestly there is virtually no market for them. I can't imagine even a really nice example going for more than $2500 to $3000 and it would have to be something AMAZING to even ask that. You can pickup nice EJ powered cars for that price range and there's just not really any desire for the EA82's. Parts are impossible to find and they were underpowered and a pain to work on. 

Really there's never been a significant collectors market in any old Subaru's except Brat's for a short time when the Baja came out - and that fairly quickly passed and their value went back down. 

No old Subaru is going to be a "hot" item like the K5 Blazer's and full size Bronco's from the 80's. And they made a LOT more of those. Square body K5's are being valued over $20k by NADA. Old Subaru's aren't even on the radar. Similar to other 80's stuff that no one wants - who wants a Ford Granada or a Chevy Citation? People want to forget that junk. They are valueless and likely to stay that way. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder
  • Like 1

it is a little different down here with our BRAT version named Brumby. One sold recently at an auction for mid 20's. I have seen it in the flesh - despite having over 60,000 miles on it, it is as clean as it left the dealer delivery 32 years earlier.Looks like my mate will have to dream up a figure others can afford down here for his gem (gem in his mind anyway :) )

They’re a cool item Steptoe, but I can’t see their worth other than them being a rare item to own and put on a shelf. 

Fog lights aren’t really necessary in Oz generally. The only time I’ve ever found them useful was when I was living in the Australian alpine areas - even then all I did was cover my lights with yellow cellophane. Worked a treat! 

All the best to your mate and the sale of his items. I’ve seen a power steering setup for the MYs sit on Gumtree for a number of weeks now - it’s very well priced too, I think it’s a sign of things slowing down in terms of what ppl are putting into their vehicles - that or PS systems don’t rate highly (but they transform these vehicles!). 

It would be interesting to find out how many Brats were delivered to the US and how many to Australia in total.

Cheers 

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 4:30 PM, GeneralDisorder said:

I can't imagine even a really nice example going for more than $2500 to $3000 and it would have to be something AMAZING to even ask that.

I sold a non-op, stock RX 3-door with no title and some rust under the battery for $2,200 exactly two years ago.  And the buyer paid to have it hauled from Seattle to Coeur d'Alene.

• Like 1