Ultimate Subaru Message Board

12 v oil extractor to change oil??

9 hours ago, brus brother said:

Not exactly sure how the oil pan is stepped but regardless of how far I tried to place/manipulate the drain hose, it only sucked out about 3 quarts.

Sucks... but not enough?

it's still good science

el_ that is a question I can't answer.

I am baffled. 😉

I am just threading the extraction 3/8" hose down the dip stick tube and wasn't aware that there was any working in the dark necessary.

any suggestions or even a diagram of what I am aiming for is appreciated.

any chance of f'ing up the "baffle?!"

Edited by brus brother

5 hours ago, moosens said:

You knew this already but I’m here to remind you. Twist that hose when it hits the baffle. Make that hose end dance around the field until she falls into the well. 

And I’m still local if you need me. 

Hey Paul. Thanks for the offer.

I measured the dip stick and was able to shove in an additional 10-12". While I didn't know nuthin' 'bout no baffle, initially It wasn't drawing oil so I backed out the line a little and then she started to flow. I assumed it had coiled atop the oil pan as I didn't see anything protruding out the tail pipe. It drained the first ~3 quarts and then said good enough, you take it from here, buddy or as they say in TV land, Better Call Paul 😉

I am guessing that if you can plumb the depths straight down to an oil field, then you are good but if you are poking around in the dark, well, then good luck or as an old timer patiently but doubting said to me, "let me know how that works out!"

Edited by brus brother

1 hour ago, brus brother said:

I am guessing that if you can plumb the depths straight down to an oil field, then you are good but if you are poking around in the dark, well, then good luck or as an old timer patiently but doubting said to me, "let me know how that works out!"

Ed's version of that was "You could do it that way".