Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recommendations For Places To Buy Wheels Online

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2002 Impreza TS currently riding on 3 bent steel 15x6 5-100 wheels.  The tires are almost new, less than 10k on them so I don't really want to go to a 16" wheel and get rid of the $800 in rubber.  The wheels were apparently bent at time of install, but the shop won't cover new rubber only the labor to remount and balance.

I have been working with Discount Tire and been through 7 or 8 different wheels all of which are either unavailable, on back order, they only have 3 of them, or one of the 4 is miraculously damaged prior to shipping.  I have checked Tire Rack as well and they really only offer one or two different wheels which I don't like and/or don't want to pay the hefty price tag for.  I live in a state with many potholes and snow/ice so I don't want the cheapest wheel around but, but I certainly don't need a rally spec wheel.  Or should I just stick with replacement steel wheels?

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to purchase a decent set of wheels online?

ask here, , over at www.subaruoutback.org, at NASIOC, maybe evn the forester and legacy forums. Put a WTB (want to buy) in the classifieds. But finding a 15" wheel will be a challenge I think. The new rims might come with rubber so....just depends on what's around. Maybe check Ebay too.

shipping will be crazy expensive unless local pickup or a meet-up is possible.