Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SUBARU BATTERY SETTLEMENT WEBSITE

https://www.subarubatterysettlement.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnA_zN6IACc

I already had SOA replace a rear gate sensor on our 2019 that was reported to create a constant drain, especially if the gate was left open.

There's more and more "features" of readiness that can result in drain on battery aside from speculation that the batteries are undersized as the youtube video above suggests.

I am really old school and recall as a kid that we would turn the TV on a few minutes before watching to give it a chance to warm up,

Enuf said, now get off my lawn 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

So..... why own some modern garbage subject to this foolishness?!? 

Get off MY lawn you new-age yong-un! 

I'll stick with my 1980's GM's and my military hardware. 

GD

Sounds good to me. And you folks know what I push around. Nothing newer than my wife’s 2006 which is the last era of Subarus I’m going to bother turning a wrench on. The more new , the more they suck. 

But Rick , it’s CT and a different world here. Maybe a few 80’s GM products on the road here but super rare at this point. I really can’t think of one around here. Up in the valley I’m sure there’s a few. 
He’d need to transport one from a dry zone. You have lots of cars coming and going out there. Hook him up! 

Not much of a military vehicle presence here anymore. Especially that rig you have. 

Our city used to keep some large ex military amphibious vehicles but haven’t seen them for a while. But they did score a new something or other that looks like a complete beast and militarized. 

Jim , you think something like that works for you ? 

Love my 94 !! Good luck with this one. 

48 minutes ago, moosens said:

it’s CT and a different world here.

similar situation here in WI - not a lot from the 80s, or before, survives here, and the ones that are still around have collector plates on them and only get driven in the summer months. Heck, not a lot from the 90s still on the road around here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, heartless said:

similar situation here in WI - not a lot from the 80s, or before, survives here, and the ones that are still around have collector plates on them and only get driven in the summer months. Heck, not a lot from the 90s still on the road around here.

Might be headed your way soon - looking at property in Wisconsin. LoL. Need a few hundred acres - my entourage includes a 100% disabled combat vet that can waiver property tax. Looking to get a fleet of M1078 snow plows with sanders out to the upper northeast where we can cash in on the shortage. 

But yeah  - as regards where to get the equipment (old GM's and military hardware) - you buy it out here on the west coast and ship it in. I'll use my contacts out here to facilitate that once I'm in the area. 

My M1079 (my mobile house) is a 2008 from the desert of Kuwait and Texas. Zero rust and I'll ensure it stays that way with Amsoil HD metal protector, etc.

GD

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

My M1079 (my mobile house) is a 2008 from the desert of Kuwait and Texas. Zero rust and I'll ensure it stays that way with Amsoil HD metal protector, etc.

When I lived in the rust belt Midwest we only used Fluid Film by the gallons each fall. It was an annual autumn ritual in late September that we pulled each car into the garage and gave them all a good shot of Fluid Film misted anywhere we could snake a hose. It made a very noticeable difference over the years. I later moved to Phoenix and left all of that nonsense behind. I still use Fluid Film in the small rattle cans if I'm storing engine bits for the long-term.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Zero rust and I'll ensure it stays that way with Amsoil HD metal protector, etc.

good luck with that... if it gets driven on the roads in the winter, it WILL rust. Insidious stuff...

not to dissuade you from coming here, but i would budget in a cheap rump roast winter beater for those snowy months.

54 minutes ago, azdave said:

When I lived in the rust belt Midwest we only used Fluid Film by the gallons each fall. It was an annual autumn ritual in late September that we pulled each car into the garage and gave them all a good shot of Fluid Film misted anywhere we could snake a hose.

that would imply you had something worth spraying to begin with..
not something easily come by locally.

Importing something rust free is also not easily done when on a very limited income. :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moosens said:

To me Vermont is the place to hold this event. Will accept NH or Maine as well. 

you have obviously never been to WI, IL, or MI 🤣

one of the Legacy's we have had in the past...

90 legacy LF.jpg

and then there was my first one, Brumhilda..

Imag0001.jpg

Edited by heartless
  • Like 1

Read the reviews:

https://www.amsoil.com/reviews/heavy-duty-metal-protector-amhsc/

The HD Metal Protector is essentially cosmoline. So is this CRC but the Amsoil offering is cheaper - 15oz vs. 10z cans and nearly the same price. 

And another video this guy did. His main complaint about all the dry wax cosmoline coatings seems to be that it's "too permanent" and it takes time to dry. Neither of which are concerns I have regarding using this on heavy duty machinery. 

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder
  • Like 1

Hey Jim welcome back. We kind of took your thread for a walk around the rust zone. We’ll come back when the dinner bell rings. 

Seriously , I hope it really works - the Amsoil , and I’ll surely try it. After I find it. But yeah, Midwest, northeast same deal. 

Took a trip to Wrigley and Chitown and I think we drove up along the lake far enough that we were in WI for a short run. Had ideas of meeting the great Miles Fox in Milwaukee but that couldn’t be. 

Battery ? Huh ?