Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2022 Outback beeps periodically when cruise control is engaged

agree that asking SOA, or even your dealer, would be the best option with this new of a vehicle.

that said, i would be inclined to agree it has something to do with the eyesight settings - my partner just recently got a 2017 Mazda and it would beep in certain conditions as well, all related to the lane assist stuff (blind spot & lane wandering warnings) and the cruise control (getting too close to the vehicle ahead of you).  He found that the beeping could be turned off in the settings.

• 1 month later...

The dealer was clueless  as to what was causing it.  I took the tech for a ride and he heard it beep four times in a 10 mile drive.  I made an appointment to have it looked at but got to messing around with the settings and turned off as much of the "eye sight" as I could and no more beeping.  I cancelled my appointment.

34 minutes ago, gorgeguy said:

The dealer was clueless  as to what was causing it.  I took the tech for a ride and he heard it beep four times in a 10 mile drive.  I made an appointment to have it looked at but got to messing around with the settings and turned off as much of the "eye sight" as I could and no more beeping.  I cancelled my appointment.

It beeps when you're approaching another object at a high rate of speed. If you have heavy feet on both pedals or are in congested areas it's going to beep a lot as you outpace the slower vehicles in front of you. It'll also beep if a vehicle is coming up behind you quickly around the blind spot and it receives steering input similar to a lane change.  At first the side view mirror lights flash to grab your attention but ramps up to beeping if it escalates.

There is a feature that has an alert whenever the speed limit changes as a warning when you enter a different speed limit or exceed the posted limit. 

Is what you're hearing a beep similar to when the eyesite locks in or a different tone?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It would beep when no one else was on the road near me and in an area of highway with no speed limit changes.  No lane changing, no other vehicles, nothing.  I took a Subaru tech for a ride and he was clueless as to what it was.  I turned off as much of the "eyesight" as I could and now no more beeps.  I don't really want the car looking around and trying to warn me about things anyway.  I am a cranky old fart who has been driving for 60 years and would rather do it myself instead of the car doing it for me.  In any event, problem solved.  Thanks for all the thoughts.

I can imagine a couple of things:

1. Something on one of the seats setting seatbelt warning for a moment.
  2. Driver awareness, i know Subaru can have a driver awareness system/camera that does track the pupils of the driver and see if that is on the road in front or on something else during a sufficient time period (i know this because the company where i worked sold this system to subaru).
  3. You are not holding the steering wheel sufficient enough (again, there is a sensor that monitors if the driver holds the steering wheel with sufficient pressure/squeeze, also this sensor comes from my former work).
  4. a feature or a bug :)

Good luck

Edited by rverdoold
  • Like 1