Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to silence the "tire pressure warning" light?

Hello all,

The tire pressure warning light is illuminated on my 2013 Impreza hatchback. I have checked the inflation on all the tires, and they are all OK. Does anyone have a suggestion for getting the warning light to turn off? Really trying to avoid a trip to the dealer.

Thanks,

Jeff in Boston

Probably a bad ( dead battery ) in one or more of your TPMS sensors in the tires. you need a TPMS tool to diagnose and bead breaker if you want to do your own repair. Or you can go to any tire store and have them do it for you. Cheaper than the dealer,

I have replaced 2 in MY14 Impreza to date. Both last year. Just did oil change 172,500 on it today.

• 3 weeks later...

The batteries are usually only good for 10 years, sometimes less.

I had the same thing happen with a different vehicle. The tire shop never mentioned replacing them and the batteries started going right after I got new tires. It sucks have to pay for the remount and balance plus sensor cost when you just paid for it.

The tire shop can check the battery for you and give you an idea before they do any work.