Ultimate Subaru Message Board

82 4WD GL wagon at Copart auction

I saw this on FB today. Anyone able to save this 82 4WD GL manual wagon at Copart in Hayward, California? Ad says it has mechanical damage. Sure looks good and I don't see any bids nor a reserve price. I put the link here figuring the right people would see it here more readily than in the sales forum.  

https://www.copart.com/lot/72538352/clean-title-1982-subaru-gl-4wd-ca-hayward

1982 SUBARU GL 4WD for Sale  CA - HAYWARD  Tue. Jan 17, 2023 - Used & Repairable Salvage Cars - Copart USA - Google Chrome 1172023 54659 AM.jpg

• Like 1

Someone will. It’s yet to be allocated an auction date/start time, hence why you can’t bid atm. 

It looks pretty good for its age. The front end sits a bit low it seems, maybe that’s the mechanical issue if it’s not engine related. 

The steering wheel is in the wrong side too :P :P 

Cheers 

Bennie

11 hours ago, el_freddo said:

It’s yet to be allocated an auction date/start time, hence why you can’t bid atm.

Not sure what is up with that but guessing the auction ended yesterday with no bids and they will try again soon. The auction was definitely active yesterday morning with 7 hours to go. It was also being discussed for the same reason on FB groups since there were no bids. I saved a wider screen shot from when it was an active auction. I hope they give it another try and not scrap it.

1982 SUBARU GL 4WD for Sale  CA - HAYWARD  Tue. Jan 17, 2023 - Used & Repairable Salvage Cars - Copart USA - Google Chrome 1172023 54659 AM-001.jpg

Edited by azdave

Pass the word. The auction is back open again for 5 more days. This is no reserve and the starting bid is $200 with no bids yet. I hope someone can save it. I'm at my limit with 15 vehicles and three trailers at home. The ad says it runs and drives but still could have a blown head gasket or fried clutch.

https://www.copart.com/lot/72538352/clean-title-1982-subaru-gl-4wd-ca-hayward

An old friend has his eye on it now that I’ve alerted him. He had the exact same color , model , pretty damn close all around to this one up for sale.

Chris is a member here as well. This board is how we all came to know each other here in CT and just this past year I was sifting through one guy’s family’s barn and came across parts from Chris’ 1975 4WD wagon. That was a lifetime ago. Chris moved out west , started a family and now he’s back East. And looking for a match for his beloved 84 4WD wagon. And the stuff in the barn has finally been disseminated and concluded. Barn living a new life. 

Your story of the day. Cheers! 
Connecticut people can chime in now. 

chirp.    chirp 

• Like 1

He’s been here and may still be active. I haven’t checked. 

But over on the dreaded FB our man Chris reports the car is his and will be living life in the upper right corner of the USA. 

Another New England Classic Subaru. 

Thanks for posting. I altered Chris and he’s made the deal full circle so you accomplished your goal of finding the right home for it. 

This past year I was also the recipient of a vintage Subaru posted by a fellow Subathusiast 

Cheers ! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, el_freddo said:

Awesome result! 

what did it sell for? 

It appears that you can't directly review final auction results unless you pay to join Copart. I found one of those many "auction results" consolidation websites that scrapes info from various auction sites and it shows it sold for $675 with additional $238 in auction fees. I could be completely wrong but that's what I found online through a 3rd party site.

Edited by azdave
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm right here, guys.  Yes the 82 wagon is mine.  It actually gotdelivered to Maine today.  It may actually be one of the most rust free I have had, although a few minor spots here and there.  It runs great and needs a few things, so stay tuned.  And yes, Paul is correct, it is paint code 259 Cream Yellow, just like my 84 wagon!  Surprise, I also bought the 81 wagon in Boise ID as well!

Edited by clantieri
  • Like 3

On 2/14/2023 at 6:45 AM, azdave said:

Glad you saved it! Did you find out why it was listed as having mechanical damage?

Haven't found any yet, runs and drives just fine.  I know it failed a bunch of emissions stuff, so maybe that was it, being from California and all.