Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1981 GL 4WD

Can anyone tell me deffinetivley if the lower control arm is the same for 2wd and 4wd? My baby was involved in a hit and run last night in front of our house here in Denver and they pushed the left front wheel back, bending the left lower control arm. 

I have a full front clip from the same year model 2wd. 

Babshit2.jpg

Babshit1.jpg

They are the same. 

If you wanted to have some parts counter guy or gal search the part number is 7210 61000 for the Right side

and 

721061010 for the Left side.

The link bushing I’ve actually seen lately on ebay for around $12 and it’s p/n 6211 08170

Doug Hill - DRW Bushings makes polyurethane sets for these generations. 

Good luck with it. You probably know already that they (old Subarus) tend to flex out and reshape well enough for another 100,000 miles or so. Done a few myself. Chain to a tree, reverse hard, etc etc

You’ll probably find it’s the radius rod that’s bent and not the control arm, they can flex quite a bit with their suspension bush on the subframe end. 

Fingers crossed it’s a cheap and easy fix. 

I hope the scum that was responsible for this action has a date with Karma soon! 

Cheers 

Bennie

So it was the radius rod. It was "Z" shaped and I straightened it. Shes back to her old self. Door tirm reattached but that front fender, well, its flatened pretty well. That lower control arm only has a slight bend but as stated above, the rubber bush takes that up. 

Thanks everyone. 

She lives for another day or 3,650 more!

As a follow up as I havnt posted here in a while; She is my daily here in Denver. City car by weekday and Goat on weekends. Endless fun doing donuts when we get snow and I find and empty parking lot. 

Babs6.jpg