Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rock Auto reissue shocks Gen I

Anybody install those “Limited Edition” production shocks that were sold by RA during a short period this past year. 

Their tag says A Service of Monroe Auto Equipment Co

Side by side to the units that came out of my 79 4WD wagon these new units are about two inches shorter when compressed and also about 1/2 inch when expanded. 

The body of the newer units are slightly more stout. 

Taking a shot here even though the traffic isn’t what it once was. I’m just more and more sick of Fayse Dook, sorry about that. 

• 7 months later...

Follow up. I didn’t like the match up and overall length of the retro set issued by Rock Auto. So for now I’ve put all shocks and struts away and will be going at it with originals all around. Car has low miles but yes they are as old as the car so I won’t expect too much of them. 

My current goal is to make the car run and drive. Bodywork if I keep the car will be come springtime.

Potential new projects already have me pushing this car out. Might go to my son. Or just offer it on BAT 

But first I need to finish my end of things. The resurrection. 

Any I should be kind and add to the reader who shares a gen one four wheel drive or brat that currently there are KYB gas shocks on eBay. These are super hard to find so I’d expect you stop reading and open up eBay etc etc 

There’s a set wrongly marked 80-84 I think but that guy raised his price after I bought the first set. 

There’s a second seller listing them for $50 for the set.