Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 91 Subaru Legacy Wagon and sometimes when I turn it on the power light will come on with the normal dash lights... go out for about 2 or 3 seconds and then blink quickly 15 or 16 times (pretty sure it was 16 though) and then it goes out... we did the test you recommended for the current issues, and it just made the power light blink quickly every 1/2 second or so and it didn't stop until we turned the car off again. So I guess my question is what does this mean? what I should do from here? And if it does blink 15 or 16 times when I turn the car on is that normal or bad... and wouldn't it have blinked one long blink and then 5 or 6 short blinks if it was an actual code? Sorry... we are just so very confused... Thank you for any advice you can give us! :):confused:

Did you get the code checking procedure from my site? Did you do the previous codes check as well?

You may want to try that as well, also you may want to try resetting the tcu. You can do this by pulling the EGI/TCU fuse out for 15 min.

The number of blinks of the power light at startup (16) is a default blink sequence to let you know the TCU found a sensor or received a signal that is out of spec. The 16 really doesn't mean anything other then that.

We didn't check for previous codes... should we pull out the EGI/TCU fuse before checking or after... and are previous codes something we need to worry about or is that just stored in there from any problems even if they were fixed... I will have my husband check for previous codes and come back on here to say what shows up... thank you for your time and advice!

Cassie:)

We ran the test for previous problems and got 33-Speed Sensor #2 so if this isn't showing up in the current problems then it has been fixed right?

He also ran the current problems test and it still just blinked every 1/2 second continuously without stopping (which doesn't this mean that there aren't any current problems?)

And lastly should he now pull the EGI/TCU fuse?

Thank you again and again for all of your help in this... we can't begin tot ell you how helpful you have been!

Cassandra :banana: