Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Smallest Mud Tires

they make rally tires with really agressive tread in some tiny sizes. try kuhmo. I am currently running a decent all terain bridgstone duelar A/T in a similar size to what you listed. they work really well but I will be getting rid of them soon due to lack of gears.

I have a set of 185/80R13s on my wagon. They're an all-season but get me through the muck everytime. I paid $23 a piece for them at WalMart, don't remember what they're called. I just told them I wanted the cheapest and tallest 13 inch tires they had. :D

I have a set of 185/80R13s on my wagon. They're an all-season but get me through the muck everytime. I paid $23 a piece for them at WalMart, don't remember what they're called. I just told them I wanted the cheapest and tallest 13 inch tires they had. :D
Gotta love the Wal-Mart tire selection! :D I have Liberator ATs on my wagon right now. Got them from wally world for $56/tire; dismount, mount, balance and install and it was $220 for all 4 tires.

As far as smallest mud tires you can find some pretty mean M+S rated tires. There are plenty of generic offshoots out there. Have to do some hunting around and find a real aggressive treaded M+S. Especially in an R13 size; good luck hunting for those.

If you are gonna get seriouse about tires you should also get seriouse about rims. Bump upto a 14" atleast and the flood gate of options for tires will be unleashed. 15" is even more easy to find tires for. This gets you into the light truck / suv range and the options are limitless. You can get Super Swampers as small as 27". :brow: Those Kumho MTs ru4x4ever has there are sick too and only 27".

I got that same tire on my wagon and they get through some stuff.

Joe

Have a confirmation from Les Shwab Tires today they can get LT 195/75/14 Kuhmo Venture M/T for $56, we have measured other 195's and they are between 25" to 25.5"

I was trying to get the smallest to keep my gearing better. I have a BYB 4/3 on its way. Shouldn't have any clearance problems as well with 6 lug or Pug wheels........I hope

So on these Rally tires does anyone have a link???????????

I found a set of Cooper Discoverer STT's in 205/75R14. I got the set mounted and ballanced all for under $400. I used Coopers webpage to search for local dealers, and then just started calling around.

I had them mounted to some 14" alloy rims. So the wieght was as low as i could get them. Worked great on long trips. The set lasted a round trip and 2 wheeling trips in From Sacramento to Seattle. And a round trip and complete weekend of wheeling from Sacramento to Medford Oregon.

The last trip I was on, i sliced the sidewall on some Granite here in California :( cant give the sidewalls that much credit, but the road handling and drivability was great.

-Brian

Mine aren't exactly the smallest, but they do have 6 ply construction, and I have yet to damage one to the point of leaking. Mine are 28" 215/75R15 Hankook RT01's.... I got em for $99 a tire mounted and balanced at a local Tire Factory. About the same as a Wildcat EXT, but the wildcat's are only 4 ply. Their rubber is unfortunately softer than the Wildcat.... grips like crazy, but not so good for street driving. My rig is off-road only, and it's street driving is limited to getting me to/from the mud.

Just for comparison, the Interco swamper's are availible in some pretty small sizes for pretty cheap. You can get the bias ply's in the 27 and 28 sizes for less them $90 a tire if you look around. Not good for street use either, but they are 10 ply !!, and nearly indestructible. They have radials too, but they are more expensive.

GD