Ultimate Subaru Message Board
carfreak85

Pics of EA81 snorkels?

Well, its on the car now. Not sealed up though, haven't had the time, but I figure it should do pretty well, not a whole lot of air is needed to make 80 horsepower!

what exactly does an engine do when it is completely under what, i bet it smokes alot and also do you have to have your exhaust have to have a breather on it too.

no the exaust doesn't have to be above water because it always has a posative pressure pushing out... if you stall your car then the exaust gets fludded... but it doesn't matter...

ya i need to put a snorkle on my beast. lots of times when stalled in water and water leaks in not fun :-\ but when u drive out of the water after stallin it :grin: oh ya hey about what did you get for the snorkle like just elbows and straight pipes

I used 2" PVC pipe with some 90* and 45* street and double bell elbows. Also two rubber butt connecters to keep vibration down. The bad thing that happened is I forgot that it wasn't all hooked up and it came apart while I was driving and tore my last good front CV boot. Just my luck! Its ok though, because I'm getting a parts car today.