Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX's acceleration times?

nope, just read through th owners manual, says nothing about not driving in 4wd hi, the only words of caution about 4wd is that to go from 4wd hi to 4wd lo, you need to be driving slow and use the clutch, also that your gas milage will suffer from 4wd lo. i was reading the fsm today i class and found out that both the front and rear diffs have the exact gear ratios, thus driveline windup isnt an issue here. go me.

Two notes.....the owners manual says nothing about driving in 4wd all the time....just the POSSIBILITY of decreased fuel mileage and that tid bit about the sharp turns.

AND...safe engine operating speeds is anywhere from 1500 to "The Red Zone"

So that means the EA82T wont mind being at 5600 RPMs at WOT going 120 MPH all day long..... :burnout:

If you've got good even sized tires and good cvs you "can" drive 4wd on the pavement, but it puts alot of stress on you cvs so they will wear out faster. It's possible you could blow something but I never did when I tried it. The main problem is that you have to get back onto a soft surface to get the tires to slide a bit and unbind the gears so you can shift out of 4wd.