Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey whats the turbo light mean?

Okay so ive been drivin my car and never once have i seen the green turbo light light up behind the turbo... So today im workin on the car and there are like 6 different vacuum lines all disconnected from the previous owner. The car still runs with em disconnected but i wanna get em put back to make sure they arent causing a problem. Ill take a picture of em when i get my digicam back and ask you guys if you know where they go. Anyone have a pretty complete vacuum diagram? Or maybe just a pic of the front passenger side of the engine bay where that cluster of hoses is from an 86 gl tubo coupe? Anyways so we were messin around changing the hose configurations and this one time a hose was connected i revved up the engine and for the first time ever saw the little green turbo light behind the word turbo light up to the bottom left of the speedo... whats this mean? Anyone? thanks

Awww i know how a turbo works im not that young... i just didnt know what the green light meant and if by him saying it means its showing pressure i wondered like if it meant excess pressure. The vac hoses we hooked up didnt have much to do with the turbo at all i dont think and when they were connected it totally bogged the engine so we disconnected em again. Oh well... what do your guys turbos usually put out as far as PSI? Mine is doin 7-8 psi.

well that is meaning that it's the stock setup if you want to (and at your age I wouldn't recommend it though cause of the blue light force might go after ya unless you are driving responsibly) you can do a few modifications to up the boost and the max I would recommend for street is 10 psi and if it's going to be raced only (what I mean is racing off the street and in a sanctioned event) then 12 to 14 psi is possible before you start destroying things.

oh yeah and also might run super in that rig so you don't blow it up or overheat it

Ahh yeah theres a lot of loose hoses floppin around under the hood so if you got one it would be much appreciated.

And i think ill leave the turbo alone for now as i still am learning to rally and i dont need more power :drunk:. As soon as i am a little more experienced and i get the engine tuned and running 100% then ill start uppin 115 horses of raw fury. Its not a matter of me being a safe driver, because i am, its just that i suck haha... only had my license for a couple months now.

Still want that VAC diagram, Meat?

Edit: dont know if it will help.. let me know..

• 3 weeks later...