Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My baby just turned over 200,000. She's a '93 Legacy AWD Sedan, 5-spd. No dents, no rust, excellent interior and runs like a champ. People who see it or ride with me can't believe it has so many miles 'cuz it still runs like new. I just love early 90's Legacies! My son has the same year and model as I do and his is over 200,000 as well. It looks and runs great, too. These are awesome cars!

Michael

Hi Josh and Michael,

It's good to be back. Sorry I don't visit more often, but my life is so busy and I have so many varied interests that I don't get here as often as I'd like. On a personal note, my daughter was married a few months ago and is now pregnant. That means, gasp, that I'm going to be... a grandpa! Sheesh! I sure don't FEEL old enough to be a grandpa.

Josh, I'm impressed with the huge project you have decided to do with your car. Although I'm capable of doing a lot of work on a car, I don't think I could do something that complex. And even if I could, I wouldn't. I used to HAVE to work on my own cars when I was young and poor. Now I just don't want to anymore. I'd rather pay someone. The hard part is finding someone I trust. I REALLY miss my Subaru mechanic in Seattle (Mike and his guys at Smart Subaru Service).

I work at Northrop Grumman in San Diego now. I miss Seattle. I loved it there. But Boeing just hasn't been very healthy for a few years and employment is way down. However, I hear they are starting to hire again, so that's good for the economy up there. I'm glad for them.

It's odd owning an AWD Subaru in Southern CA. There aren't many down here, at least of the older Legacies. I do see a few Outbacks, and several guys around here have figured out that WRX's are a cheap way to blow the doors off some expensive machinery.

Cheers to all,

Michael

My baby just turned over 200,000. She's a '93 Legacy AWD Sedan, 5-spd. No dents, no rust, excellent interior and runs like a champ. People who see it or ride with me can't believe it has so many miles 'cuz it still runs like new. I just love early 90's Legacies! My son has the same year and model as I do and his is over 200,000 as well. It looks and runs great, too. These are awesome cars!

Michael

Hi there, my '94 twin turbo Legacy 2.0 has done 145,000km, not sure exactly how much I should expect out of a twin turbo setup (thats been well looked after). So far so good, anyone else run up high milages in a turbo legacy?

• 1 year later...
...'93 Legacy ...no rust
I envy you.:headbang:

Me...'00 OBS ...almost to the point of having rust holes around the rear fender well ..massive rusting/corrosion on the brake rotors and associated components, worn-out struts, battered suspension bushings.

Yes, welcome to the metro-Detroit driving experience. Roads that are one part salt mine & one part saturation bombing. :mad:

My 95 Legacy is fast approaching the 200K mark. I have 183,000 miles and it runs terrific. Using Amsoil synthetic and it is very smooth gets 24 mpg around town and 27 on trips. I did put 16 inch WRX tires and wheels on.

Question:

Wonder why Subaru does not follow Mercedes with their recognition program for high miles? Mercedes sends you a badge, certificate and stick pin at achieved intervals. Great advertising for them and a source of pride for owners.

moderators any thoughts?