Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm buying a 2003 Baja Sport tomorrow. I wanted to know the difference between a Baja and Baja Sport. Mine is loaded with AT,Bed Extender and cover, 6 cd changer. ect... Why is a Sport priced $1000.00 cheaper than a Baja? Thanks in advance

Thanks for all the replies. I picked it up in Atlanta today. It's a 2003 with 5511 miles on it. It came with full warranty, being that it was a company car and had never been sold. You guys are right, it came with cloth seats. Not to sound ignorant, but what the h@#L is LSD. BTW, I'm KBH from the old board and the board before that. I still have my 81 and 87 Brats. I am going to sell my 88 GL10 Turbo if anyone in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia or near by is interested. Thanks for all the replies again

I'm buying a 2003 Baja Sport tomorrow. I wanted to know the difference between a Baja and Baja Sport. Mine is loaded with AT,Bed Extender and cover, 6 cd changer. ect... Why is a Sport priced $1000.00 cheaper than a Baja? Thanks in advance

Not a related subject, but how do you like the Baja so far? I was looking at one just before I got my first brat. Looking to down size my curent family car to a Baja and looking for ammo to convince the wife.

I love it. I drove it 180 miles back from Atlanta. I test drove Nissan Xterras, Jeep Liberty and a Grand Cherokee, Honda Passport, Ford Explorer , and it drives better than all of those. The Jeeps drove great though. I love Subarus, so I'm probably biased. I think one other difference in the Baja and Sport is mine has powered windows and locks, but doesn't have powered seats. I think the Baja has powered seats as well, I believe. This doesn't have the 6 cd changer as I stated earlier

• 1 month later...
Yep, regular Baja has the perforated leather, which I didn't find to my liking. Interesting though, regular Baja does not have rear LSD, but the Sport does.

AFAIK, all of the Legacy-based cars sold in the US after 2000 have the LSD. According to Edmund's (www.edmunds.com), all Bajas have the LSD. According to the SOA website, all of the current (05) Bajas have LSD as well.

• 1 year later...