Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey WJM how about some info on tranny rebuild parts?

As I understand it the only place to get parts is the dealer and since we now have an inside guy I figured I’d ask.

I’m hoping to rebuild my RX tranny, its working well now, just a little stiff on the shifts (to be expected with 260,000 miles), so all I should need is bearings, seals, gaskets and syncros. Any info you could provide would be great, drawings, part numbers, pricing and such. Available as a kit or piece at a time?

Gary

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~!!!!!~!~!~!

PN: 32000AB550

AY/TY75FCK2DV

1988-1989 F/T 4WDR-TURBO

TWO are avalible!!!!

USMB cost: $4156.23

Ok...on a smaller note...the gasket and seal kit:

6 are avalible

PN: X3211AA001

4WD (ALL) and turbo trans seal/gasket kit

$93.72

ive still not found an internal rebuild kit....

Called and searched some more...no "KIT" for an internal rebuild is avalible....it was sugested to go aftermarket for a rebuild or a kit for it....eh....i dont tihnk anyone knows taht these trans are out there anyhow...

Otherwise, its a part by part deal.... :-\

Let me know...

Yeah, as far as I can find, nobody aftermarket does anything with them. I guess I'll look for a good used spare before I open mine up, once I know what I need I'll have to send you a list. Just to get an idea on price can you look up the price on the 1st gear syncro?

Thanks for you effort

Gary

it seems as if the mobil 1 15w50 engine oil i used in my FT4WD trans cleaned that shellac off the syncros...as 4th was slow and 1st didnt want to cooperate above 15 MPH....now I can slam into 4th can get into 1st around 30.