Ultimate Subaru Message Board

East Coast- Pine Barrens Run ***THIS weekend***Aug. 28???

Talk it up boys 'n grrlz.

I'm thinking late August....early September?

Early September seems better to me right now but I'd love to sometime real soon.Don't make me and my son be the only ones there.We'll be going for sure,so if only a few of us get together that's fine for me.I don't need an "East Coast Meet" or anything too serious right now.Just a nice day in the woods,challenging the Subaru's 4WD and suspension.

I'd love to do a PA yard run too.We never got that run in this past spring like a few of us wanted to do.The minor cool snap in the air this week has provoked the mind.Let's have some fun before the snow because once that happens it's all local thrills untill springtime.

And,I swear!!!!! I'll bring my Coleman double burner and the venison burgers and sausage...I swear!!!!

After Carlisle,I think I'd bring the '78 to PB but wouldn't trash it in the woods.I can probably find another willing driver for my '89 touring wagon-a.k.a. the family truck.

Paul, where in the Pine Barrens can you off road? We stopped there on the way back from Boston on our latest east coast junket and walked around a reserve - spooked up about 60 deer in a 5 acre spread - but didn't see any place taht looked like the local authorities would be happy about having torn up. Also, sorry to have missed you. Maybe next time.

Not the ones with the black body and white stripes please.Sure,show up,you'll finally get to see my touring wagon.Bring $600 and 4 wheels and you can take it home.I think this is my last PB run for the touring wagon,but you never know.It's done 2 or was it three runs.Pulled out EJ's stuck lifted Hatch and even pulled two out it one tug behind Atco.

Matt,your handle backer things are on the way via USPostal.Should be there in a couple of days.Thanks.I found the other set so I must have bailed out just before vacation,sorry about that.The entrance we use is on Rt. 206 in Atsion.

If I can take a new legacy OB through without screwing it up you can surely do it with your OB.

Hey paul, I am interested.....let me know when. What about the others???? Dennis, EJ (Is he still around), Keith, Dave, the dude from lancaster etc,

Speak up folks.....

Matt

I've seen EJ lurking here once but haven't seen him post since he sold his hatch.

The real guy to get is SVXpert-a.k.a. Mike,Rory,man of a thousand names.He's the king of those trails unless Phatbrat Boz knows better.

I think we can get Dennis to come by.Those guys are all lucky to live so close.

BUMP!!!!!!

My son is so excited about going.He actually wants it to be just him and Dad.(of course,still meeting up with the other Subaru people)We might make an overnight out of it.

Anyone up for camping??Maybe meet the Jersey Devil?

Guys,I know a good amount of east coast people are catching onto this board lately.All are welcome,new users or old,new Subarus,old Subarus....even NON Subarus.

It's light duty sandy trail riding for the most part.You won't be doing stuff like the guys out west or in the mountains.THere's a few spots where you can truely challenge yourself and your vehicle if you want to.No pressure to be macho.We all have to drive home so nobody wants to play mechanic all afternoon either.

September 18th is NOT good for me.

2 weeks from now might work-August 28th-29th.....anyone else?

a stock loyale 4wd is not a problem. Moosens car is stock, heck most everyones cars are stock height. If everyting goes well I will end up running a stock height impreza with wrx wheels that have nearly bald tires.... As for distance....do mapquest from your location to Atsion NJ and then you will get your answer...

Matt

And lunch. I seem to owe you an awful lot of them
...yes you do.;) ...and YES,you can drive the war wagon/truck.Cool,now the '78 will go for a nice ride again.I might do some light duty trail riding to get some pics of it in action....go ahead,call it a POSER....but my common sense prevails.

Are any of you (hear crickets chirping) willing to join me on Saturday August 28th?

I'm probably going to go down Friday night and camp if the weather is good.Otherwise meet at the diner in Red Lion at 9AM or so??

Talk to me.

At this point I'm going down Friday night and camping.Not sure where just yet but hopefully right there on the Barrens.

Geez,I'm starting to miss EJ and Dennis....

Anyone who expects to go on Satuday please email me and I'll give you my phone number.Please do the same if you have a cell phone.

i should be able to make it this sat. i have a 60/120K SVX service to do, i might do it sunday. if anyone wants my RX thats for sale, pick it up on the way, i live about 20 minutes from the dirt and mud, here is a link to it:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16882

i have lots of other stuff to get rid of like 14" alloy 4 lug subaru wheels with tires, spyder intakes, shortblocks, EA-82 stuff. feel free to mail me. thanks