Ultimate Subaru Message Board

more EA82T max out information

Oddcomp, I have no Idea what you said, but did see the word "Hodaka" . I recently acquired a "Combat Wobat 125cc". That is an old dirt bike for those who have never heard of them before. I am going to race in "vintage motocross races" with it.

Ummmm... look up a few posts, paying attention to the names of posters.

See it? Oh wait, just look at my name on this post.

Yah, I'm the ORIGINAL Hodaka Rider. 1973 Combat Wombat, baby!

Hodaka rider do you have an electronic ignition on your bike. If so is it the same as the briggs and straton type?

Hmmm...

Points, if I remember right. Haven't actually had to work on it since I replaced a melted piston about 10 years ago. Really fun bike! My dad was the original owner - he was partners in the local dealer for awhile.

• 1 year later...
190 crank...133 at the wheels. 321 crank with 225 at the wheels...assuming the dyno conversion is correct. But, im using the AWD conversion factor....0.7

Stock USDM WRX: 227 crank, and ~160 WHP.

There is no "conversion factor" betven Wheel HP and Crank HP. Due to the fact that the losses depends on different thing, some torque, som rpm, som static.

So if your dynotester says that he can give you some Crank nubers from the Wheel numbers, its all guesses, and probobly he upp's the number a bit to make you happy, afer all, often you payed him $$$, and you whants result.

If you have 133 at the wheels, you have nowhere neer 190 at the crank.

If you loose near 60 hp in the tranny, it will need serios cooling.

A car whit 225 at the wheels maybe hawe near to 270 at the crank, not more.

a 4WD a little bigger losses.

//DIRAVI

PS: My english is not so good, i hope you understand.

i read the whole forum a little bit ago thinkin about my 85 gl10 mpfi which has a rod knocking. i been told that my engine is the engine from an xt6. now my question is couldnt i put a turbo from a wrx if i got all the same components listed? or would i need a different cpu as well or more? :confused:

i read the whole forum a little bit ago thinkin about my 85 gl10 mpfi which has a rod knocking. i been told that my engine is the engine from an xt6. now my question is couldnt i put a turbo from a wrx if i got all the same components listed? or would i need a different cpu as well or more? :confused:

XT6-engines shold be 6 cylinder?

There is no "conversion factor" betven Wheel HP and Crank HP. Due to the fact that the losses depends on different thing, some torque, som rpm, som static.

So if your dynotester says that he can give you some Crank nubers from the Wheel numbers, its all guesses, and probobly he upp's the number a bit to make you happy, afer all, often you payed him $$$, and you whants result.

If you have 133 at the wheels, you have nowhere neer 190 at the crank.

If you loose near 60 hp in the tranny, it will need serios cooling.

A car whit 225 at the wheels maybe hawe near to 270 at the crank, not more.

a 4WD a little bigger losses.

//DIRAVI

PS: My english is not so good, i hope you understand.

the correction factor is for the differnce in ambiant temperiture and atmospheric preassure from the known standard used in the claculation.

nipper