Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ANOTHER Stage 1 question

Some of you guys know that I have asked this before but it would be nice to have a full defanate answer this time considering there are 2 of us now wondering this lil tid bit of info.......

Where can we find all the rubber gaskets (not just the windshield!!!!) for our 75-76 4wd wagons? Hopefuly I can get a answer cause after WCSS the 76 is going down for it's rebuild IF I can get and defanate answer for that question.

I've got some for you if you need them.Just as long as they don't fit my '78,then I'd have to keep them.

I know I have a set of rear windows from a '75 4WD wagon and probably all those rubber gaskets too.

As to where to get them.....please let us know when you fine a definite answer.

The rear hatch glass is the same on Gen1, Stage 1 AND 2.

The 1972-1977 VW rear glass rubber will fit. Use the "CAL look" and then you don't need the reveal molding.

West Coast Metric has them.

http://www.westcoastmetric.com/bug.php?Section=Window%20Rubber&stat=1

I have it in my 78 and it works fine! Looks fine too!

Todd

well that partialy answers my question cause I know the front superbeetle gasket will fit the windshield butr which VW is it for the rear window gasket?

and now I just need to find the door seals, scrapers for the door windows and also the felt, the gaskets for the rear quarter windows, rear hatch seal, and the other various lil soft rubber gaskets that I can't think of right now.

and then need to find a decent rear 4wd bumper, the fuel door (the ones I have been given by various individuals over the last 2 years are the incorrect sizes), the front 4wd badge, and the subaru badge for the hood

The rubber for the back glass is the VW beetle, 72-77. I think 78 and 79 were all convertibles. The later beetles had bigger back glass. All the newer Mexican beetles have the same bigger glass too.

Like I said, I have that rubber on my 78 wagon rear hatch glass and it works fine! Get the CAL look.

Also, the front SUBARU hood emblem is available NEW, the same size and the same "font", in CHROME! This emblem was on a certain early Legacy wagon tailgate. I once stubled upon one in a salvage yard and said, "hey that looks exactly like the ornament on my Gen 1s!" (I ordered 5!!) They look nice on all my cars! New is wonderful!! Subaru # 93060AA010

I have some decent original ones too if anyone is interested.

OH, the VW windshield washer sprayer, that fit's in the hood, also work for Gen1s.

Todd

• 10 months later...