Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale "Sport"

What's up. I am the proud new owner of a 1992 Subaru Loyale 4wd wagon.

I'd like to get to know a little bit more about this car and what I can expect from it. Also, it's a "Sport" edition, does anybody know what was different about this model? If you do, let me know. Thanks.

hahahahaha, sport edition... what a joke!!!

never ever heard of something like that on any older soob. thats something car manufacturers put on their minivans to make the soccermoms think that they can tote their kids around faster than the regular SUV gas hogs. either way, i really doubt its got much more of a kick than a regular loyale. 4wd, power everything, loyales didnt come in turbos as far as i know so just the stock ea-82 spfi engine, and maybe they decided to throw a custom pedal plate kit in or something. you know, the ones that look like the foot? thats definitely sporty.

either way, its a soob, so happy off-roading, and make sure to spit in any open honda windows you happen to see on the road. then drive off and give the bird and hide because theyre probably faster than you. unless you can get on the dirt, because only soobs have 4wd. alright, thats just me. im done now. shutting up.

either way, i really doubt its got much more of a kick than a regular loyale. 4wd, power everything, loyales didnt come in turbos as far as i know so just the stock ea-82 spfi engine

Actually,

1) a good portion of the Loyales were pretty much power nothing. (with the exception of mirrors)

2) 90 and possibly 91 Loyales came offered as turbo models.

Well, I'll try to get a pic the "Sport" nerd wagon. I'm livin in the stone age and haven't bought a digi camera yet. Yes, Slippery Rock University is good for track, to answer your question.

Thanks for the info and hospitality.

I have a 90 Loyale and the only thing power on it is the steering. I must have the stripped down version you know the one after they take all the goodies out :) ow well.

That really confuses me. All the Loyale's Ive sat in were pretty bare bones. Why didnt Subaru push the GL and GL10 hard untill the Legacy L came out? Seems funny they would end the GLs, send over boat loads of crap boxes from 89 to what 93?, and then go back to a more luxury oriented Legacy L model. Maybe the GL was just too much bang for your buck so they wanted ppl to buy more expensive Legacy models? Meditate on this, I will...

well the Loyale when it was changed is when the legacy came out and the Loyale was the "bread and butter" car cause they still sold them cause of them being the cheapest thing around that wasn't a justy and the loyale name lasted to 1994 when the impreza took over and that is why right now if you want to get a cheap suby you get a 2.5TS cause they are the cheapest thing around for subies unless you pack on the options like alloys and such

well, for a fact i have all the power features... seatbelts, locks, windows, mirrors, steering, etc. im envious of your 88gl tho, wanna trade?

Grass is always greener on the other side :)

Did I mention why its called the poopenwagen? ... rust :banghead:

What's up. I am the proud new owner of a 1992 Subaru Loyale 4wd wagon.

I'd like to get to know a little bit more about this car and what I can expect from it. Also, it's a "Sport" edition, does anybody know what was different about this model? If you do, let me know. Thanks.

I am from Slippery Rock, too! Good to see some more local people joining the board. I drive a dark blue Outback with a dent on the hood. You may have seen it around town.

hahahahaha, sport edition... what a joke!!!

never ever heard of something like that on any older soob. thats something car manufacturers put on their minivans to make the soccermoms think that they can tote their kids around faster than the regular SUV gas hogs. either way, i really doubt its got much more of a kick than a regular loyale. 4wd, power everything, loyales didnt come in turbos as far as i know so just the stock ea-82 spfi engine, and maybe they decided to throw a custom pedal plate kit in or something. you know, the ones that look like the foot? thats definitely sporty.

either way, its a soob, so happy off-roading, and make sure to spit in any open honda windows you happen to see on the road. then drive off and give the bird and hide because theyre probably faster than you. unless you can get on the dirt, because only soobs have 4wd. alright, thats just me. im done now. shutting up.

WELL GUESS WHAT YES LOYALE CAME WITH TURBO IN THE OF YEAR OF 1990 ONLY. I HAD ONE THAT WAS THE ONLY LOYALE YEAR FOR THEM I HAVE HAD 8 SUBARUS AND WORKED IN A DELAERSHIP I KNOW

My Loyale "Sport" has power everything. Hell, even the AC still works, very well in fact. Only 68k original miles on it, and it has almost no body rust. All for 1,400 $. Title hasn't come in yet though, and man am i wantin to get that thing. And by the way, how do i get my hands on some 14 inch wheels for that car?? I'm a subaru virgin, so try and break me in.

I am from Slippery Rock, too! Good to see some more local people joining the board. I drive a dark blue Outback with a dent on the hood. You may have seen it around town.

Matt Scott, I'm guessing, right? I graduated a few years ahead of you at Slippery Rock. I'm Chris Taggart, Travis and Ken's cousin. What a small world. ~Weird~

Hi, I have some 14's for sale in the marketplace. here's a link to my post:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18909

please notice where i talk about the curb rash on a couple of them; I don't want to sell them to someone without them knowing about that. Also please note that I do not have the peugeot lugnuts that normally go with them. Aftermarket lugs are available for around $20 a set, I believe. If you'd like to discuss buying them from me, may i request that you post in the marketplace thread as opposed to this one? and thanks.

here is a picture of this style of wheel:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/wheels2/pug14-a.jpg

My Loyale "Sport" has power everything. Hell, even the AC still works, very well in fact. Only 68k original miles on it, and it has almost no body rust. All for 1,400 $. Title hasn't come in yet though, and man am i wantin to get that thing. And by the way, how do i get my hands on some 14 inch wheels for that car?? I'm a subaru virgin, so try and break me in.

WELL GUESS WHAT YES LOYALE CAME WITH TURBO IN THE OF YEAR OF 1990 ONLY. I HAD ONE THAT WAS THE ONLY LOYALE YEAR FOR THEM I HAVE HAD 8 SUBARUS AND WORKED IN A DELAERSHIP I KNOW
Oh no!!

someone borked your caps lock!!

See also:

1) a good portion of the Loyales were pretty much power nothing. (with the exception of mirrors)

2) 90 and possibly 91 Loyales came offered as turbo models.

Notice how the whole "turbo" thing was covered about 16-17 hours previously.

:)

yeah, sorry for posting wrong info, but you didnt have to yell *sniff*. :rolleyes:

whatever, all part of my learning experience i guess.

Originally Posted by chadwick

Matt Scott, I'm guessing, right? I graduated a few years ahead of you at Slippery Rock. I'm Chris Taggart, Travis and Ken's cousin. What a small world. ~Weird~

Yeah, I was assuming thats who you were when I saw your user name (well, one of the Taggarts.)

Keep talking guys. You are making me realize just how lucky I really am. My Husband found my 89 GL-10 Turbo wagon and told me that he had to tow it home, but that I would really like it as it has everything. He also worked for Subaru, way back in the 80s'. Cushy inside, power everything. My favorite features are the cruise control and sliding sunroof. Some day I'll even figure out which buttons to push to get info out of that nifty trip computer:rolleyes: .