Ultimate Subaru Message Board

82 BRAT finally lifted!

Flowmastered87GL

Well a little over a year after I purchased the brat and the PK Davis lift kit, my brat is finally back sitting on all 4 wheels. Of course those wheels are now wrapped with roughly 28" rubber :brow:

Craig has pictures. I will hopefully have hold of them sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Note that it didnt take a year to lift the brat, I only started the lifting process about a month ago. Worked 1 Monday, then kinda left it then finally got cracking again today.

Very few issues with the front end. I still need to get the steering hooked back up though. Any hints on installing the steering shaft after the lift is already complete?? I got a suggestion of partially remove the column. Any other options besides dropping the cross member back down??

The 28"s are huge! I definitely need to do some major trimming. Not like I'd drive it anywhere now anyway, no steering and no brakes = bad

Go Flo Go!

You got less than 3 weeks to get it road worthy so you can represent the lifted ones at WCSS6. !!

It's the down hill slide now. 3 weeks should be plenty for just steering, brakes and quality assurance testing (read: offroad !_! )

Thanks for taking / posting the pics Craig :)

Yes as Jason said, the final color will be the OD green. So it will look kinda similar to Zap's green BRAT "Bob" Less green though as the chrome will remain on the bed (probably) and the drip rails. Rockers / Bed / Floorboards will all be herculined black and the underside will be undercoated (with cheap stuff probably) after the cancer is repaired.

On the #1 picture you can see holes at the bottom of the tailgate. That was done to prevent further rusting of the tailgate, filler pieces will be welded in eventually. Look UNDER the tailgate though... not pretty.

And the "jump seats" are actually the main seats, they are just being stored in the bed. Look familair Rob / Caleb?

Yes it IS for sale, but a buyer is already lined up. So I get to finish it, play with it briefly, then sell it. Then build another one :lol:

• 1 month later...