Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help! Brat Windshield Wipers...

Here's another problem my boyfriend is encountering with his '84 Brat. He went to use the windshield wipers the other day. Water sprayed out, but the arms don't move. There isn't even a noise to signal that the wipers are trying to work. He checked the fuse and it's fine. What can he do?

Might need to check some of the electrical connections....if all of that is sound...then...might need to get a new motor...

USMB cost is about $160...and....

There are...none in the country that I can get at that cost....in JAPAN i can.

Otherwise...there are none in dealer inventory nation wide. :banghead:

Check for power at the motor. IIRC, the motor should have power at all times, and gets grounded by the switch. Check your ground connections for the wiper motor, and check the switch on the column surround. Might be dirty switch contacts, might be a ground issue. If you need the motor, someone here can come up with a used one. I can pull one from a local yard if you want.

GD

Yeah, The first thing to check is to turn them on and make sure that they are working but the nuts are loose. I have seen this happen. Start there. Try unplugging the motor and cleaning the connection and plug it back in. Is there a relay as well as a fuse? Worse case scenario, I have one for you and I am fairly local. Boz (609) 702 5966 call me if you need to.

Jason, It's you? Man, Let me know if you need the part. I haven't seen you for quite some time. Hey, On a side note, Do you know of any bikes that are local to you for a fairly cheap price that the owner may be willing to trade? I am looking to trade my BRAT and ALL of the parts I have accumulated over the years with it. I also am looking to unload a very expensive top of the line Toro snowblower. (1000 dollars new). Let me know if you have any leads or interested parties in your area. Thanks man, Boz (609) 702 5966

Yea, I've had my girlfriend doing all my posting since my computer has been down for a few months. In fact, I'm using hers right now.

I don't know anyone looking to trade a bike for a Brat, but I am in contact with a guy who just closed up a bike place in Center City and a buddy of mine bought a real nice Honda Shadow for $500 off of him. I bought a dirtbike. He's got a few bikes left that are selling for a few hundred bucks that only need things like a battery.

As far as needing the part, I have a second Brat for parts parked out in front of my house, so if I do need the motor, I can pull it off of there, but thanks for the offer. I still am interested in wheels, though. Is it possible for you to send me some kind of pictures before I make the trip up there? Thanks.

Well, If 15 inch wheels will clear the wheel wells without scraping I would prefer them. I have the stock 13's on it now, If I do find somthing I like I would be willing to do somekinda partial trade for my wheels if you're interested, Or maybe somthing off of my parts car?I'll see, But I am interested in taking a look your 15's. If u can get a picture my email is jasonex24@hotmail.com .Thanx