Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1999 Forester AT 162,000 miles. The heater/ac blower motor is starting work intermittently. I am positive it's the brushes in the blower motor. The blower assembly is very easy to remove form the car. But the motor seems impossible to remove from the plastic plate. Has anyone replaced the brushes on the Forester blower motor? The blower "assembly" is well over $200. That seems like a lot when all it really needs is a $2 set of brushes.

1999 Forester AT 162,000 miles. The heater/ac blower motor is starting work intermittently. I am positive it's the brushes in the blower motor. The blower assembly is very easy to remove form the car. But the motor seems impossible to remove from the plastic plate. Has anyone replaced the brushes on the Forester blower motor? The blower "assembly" is well over $200. That seems like a lot when all it really needs is a $2 set of brushes.

HEY DUDE,

I'm not an expert but any chance you can get the assembly at a U-Pull it type place, they are much cheaper and so far all of the parts we pulled, worked.

Angel