Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok been a member here for about 2 years now and posted a couple of times then lost my counts with the moves. So here is my question. Is there a light on the consol for the Auto Tranny selector on a 98 Outback? I'm getting a little older and my memory is starting to fade in and out. Last night I noticed that there wasn't anything lighting it up. I usually use the car back and forth to work and usually durring the daylight hours so I haven't really noticed. I know that these care are indicator light challenged so I was just wondering. Thanks for the help. Jim

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with my '95 Legacy. It used to be intermittent for a while before it completely went out. I think it is the bulb. The only thing I could find in Haynes was how to remove the console cover. Nothing about the bulb or how to replace it. Where can I get more information or directions for replacing the bulb? I greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.