Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How rare is a 76 dl 2wd wagon

Ok I was in another Junk yard today (big surprise) and found a very straight and complete 1976 wagon dl 2wd (minute rust) nice faded orange paint. Just curious on how rare this was, and found a 1600 fwd coupe (around the same vintage) with a 5 sp. Oh and another thing there was a EA82t sedan with a 5sp dual range It looked factory and not a modded car. there was other doodads there i/e an 87 s/w 4x4 n/a with a dual range setup. and a bunch of gen 1 brats. a few gen 2 brats.

Stuff you should "obtain" from the Gen 2 Brats if you can... board members will want this stuff:

Good seat covers (the bucket seats only came in Brats)

Rear seats, head rests, and seat belts.

Bed carpet

Rear bed side moldings (black plastic - both in front and behind the wheel well)

Rear mudflaps

Tail gates

Tail lights

Tail gate chrome trim

Chrome trim attachement "clips" (plastic - under the chrome around the bed and tail gate).

Straight rear bumpers, and end caps

That's all I can think of at the moment.... there's proabably more. All those parts are specific to Brats, and cannot be found on anything else. Most of these items will be worth more than you will pay from a junk yard as they are difficult for many board members to find.

GD

Stuff you should "obtain" from the Gen 2 Brats if you can... board members will want this stuff:

Good seat covers (the bucket seats only came in Brats)

Rear seats, head rests, and seat belts.

Bed carpet

Rear bed side moldings (black plastic - both in front and behind the wheel well)

Rear mudflaps

Tail gates

Tail lights

Tail gate chrome trim

Chrome trim attachement "clips" (plastic - under the chrome around the bed and tail gate).

Straight rear bumpers, and end caps

That's all I can think of at the moment.... there's proabably more. All those parts are specific to Brats, and cannot be found on anything else. Most of these items will be worth more than you will pay from a junk yard as they are difficult for many board members to find.

GD

What about the t top windows? I will go back tomorrow and look maybe remember to bring my camera. (got the bugs figured out) The yard is going to be closed for a month so maybe I can "convince" the owner to let me give him a business proposition. here anything plastic is eaten by the sun. but I will look at the bucket seats to see. tail lights are all gone/shot.

Ooo jumpseats for a Gen 1 and a passenger side tail light also:D Just some stuff I need;)

There is a Gen 1 with an ok passenger side tail light there. (slight cracking but no missing stuff) I did not see any jump seats but will look again....

There is a Gen 1 with an ok passenger side tail light there. (slight cracking but no missing stuff) I did not see any jump seats but will look again....

76 wagon! 76 Coupe! Stage 1s are rare!

Can you get some pics. Interior/Exterior?

Does the guy have titles? Will he sell?

I have someone who would be interested in the coupe and I might be in the wagon.

Thanks, Todd

76 wagon! 76 Coupe! Stage 1s are rare!

Can you get some pics. Interior/Exterior?

Does the guy have titles? Will he sell?

I have someone who would be interested in the coupe and I might be in the wagon.

Thanks, Todd

I will get some pics (if my camera holds up)....