Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX performance product on ebay

That's very similar to the "power enhancers" on eBay that are merely resistors to put inline with the coolant temp sensor. The only differences here are it's adjustable (i.e., variable resistor) and it apparently modifies the intake air temp instead of coolant temp.

Basically they lie to the ECU about the temperature to induce the ECU into a bit running richer than normal (and some ECUs change the timing as well) thus theoretically gaining a small amount of power.

i have seen some turbo setups that put the air flow sensor after the turbo, and the intercooler, to give you a more accurate reading.

my car runs rich all the time, and so did my spfi, righ as hell. so putting more gas into a car that runs rich already should loose you some hp. but thats na, not turbo, so if your close to the limits of the fuel system, richening it up would help cool down the combustion chamber... i like the safc if im gonna fool my computer.