Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS6 directions to fairgrounds

I took the liberty of transferring Corky's fine map to a separate thread for the benefit of the computer challenged like myself. His map shows the three Hood River exits as #1, #2, and #3; if you're coming from Portland on I-84 those Hood River exits are marked #62, #63, and #64 respectively. I found I had to zoom in on the map to get it to show clearly on my computer.

In case some people have never been to the Hood River Fair Grounds, they are not in Hood River, they are in a little town just south of Hood River called O'Dell, OR. The Fair Grounds are located near the corner of Wyest Rd. and Summit Drive in O'Dell. Take any of the three exits to Hood River heading south and it will get you near the grounds, if you get lost, stop anyone in O'Dell, they should know where the Fair Grounds are.

From personal past experience, I found that taking Exit 62 to be the easiest way to get there; I got lost using Exit 63. For the map reading challenged, I would suggest taking Country Club Rd. west off of State Route 30. Make a left onto Barret Drive. Then right onto Tucker Road. Tucker Road becomes Dee Highway (you might consider taking Odell Hwy here since it looks more interesting and then follow the map to Summit Dr.). Left onto Summit Drive and follow to the Fairgrounds at Wyeast Road.

Here is a map, http://corkysrocks.net/WCSS6.jpg

If that's not your ball of wax, here's John Alley's diretions

For those not familiar :

Just head up I-84 to exit 64.

Head south (right) up Hwy 35

towards Mt Hood.

About 7 miles up just 1/4 mile past a big tan Building

(Cardinal Glass) you turn on Odell Hwy right and stay on it a little

over 2 miles to Summit Rd.

Turn left and just over 1/2 mile to Y-East

Rd .

Turn right and then left into the grounds. There are signs pointing