Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ozified lift kits

the sucker king

well over a week ago i installed a 3" lift in my 80 hatch with much appreciated help from my friend matt and recent colorado interloper ShawnW. (shawn really deserved extra cheese on his burger for the experience he lent to this. he did more work than me, yet i keep the car. that's why i'm the sucker king.)

this is a public testamonial for p.k. davis and ozified lift kits. i am THRILLED with this kit. it is simple and well built. i waited for over a week to post this cause i wanted to make sure the kit was field tested. so this weekend i went to moffat county near dinosaur national monument and drove around. oh what fun. i put 500 miles on my car this weekend, about 100 of those on blm and usfs roads. no problems whatsoever.

the world of subaru has changed for me. thanks p.k.!

Having not purchased one or owned one myself, but off-roaded with many people who have and extoll their virtues loudly, I can say I have never heard anyone who had anything but good things to say about his products. And as such, he should be thanked for offereing a product to us (which is an almost impossibly small market) at all. We are lucky to have such a dedicated, and trustworthy individual who cares most about customer service, and making sure his customers get the best product possible. It's a rare thing to see in our corporate society, and I hope he will be still be around when the time comes for me to reccomend a kit supplier. It seems like every time I take my wagon out I get asked "Where can I get one of those?".... PK Davis will be my answer.

GD

Your at the point where you'll be wanting to retighten all the bolts.........Don't forget!!!!! Later, Tim

Good call! Dont be ME :rolleyes:

Glad you are having a blast with the kit. I know exactly how you feel. After getting on some real trails with my BYB Ozified lifted wagon all my expectations were blown out of the water by how it performed.

What rims and tires do you have bolted on under there?

Many thanks to all, I am humbled. I have received thanks, and I have also received constuctive criticism - which is all welcomed. There's always room for refinement, and I thank those who suggest points for improvement. (received good input for the new aluminum version)

I also have three words: The Backyard Boys

I am happy to be the BYB / USA connnection. Brett (AUSubaru) is the man behind these BYB lift kits and continually works with me. Next run of stickers will have a bigger BYB incorporated like the t-shirts.

WCSS6 invigorated me, and I will get on the stick to improve manufacturing turn-around times.

Best Regards, Patrick.

I'll stand by them too. I've installed 7 on my own vehicles, 11 total. Never seen one fail. Only seen bolts fall out or break, that would be either on the bolt shop, or user error.

I'll be putting in another this coming week in my newest newest project.

I had to yell at a couple of yokels at WCSS6 who were crying because their prototype next gen PK kit had prblems with the bolts not lining up. "I work at a fab shop, those welds would never pass". My reply was to ask him why he doesn't make his own kit since he works at a fab shop. . . Looked like his kit held together pretty well as he beat the piss out of his wagon in the mud pit we had at the show.

I'll go to bat for you anytime buddy!

If I did indeed give up too much $ for those couple of parts I need, feel like throwing in a spacer for the skidplate and bolts to match? :)