Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You know you need a better Subaru dealer when...

You know you need a better Subaru dealer when the service manager of the Subaru/Chevy dealer in town states that they do not work on Subarus over 10 years old...

As he is standing next to a late 80's Caprice up on the lift.

UGGHHH!!!

At least the Parts Manager is willing to order things for my coupe.

I hear you man. Parts dudes at one of my local Subaru dealer are so rude to me when I come in asking for old Subaru parts I just stopped going there. Their service twoards me ranges from 'cold shoulder' to 'roll eyes, sigh, and say OKAY hold on... I have to go look in the book... sigh'

Good thing there are a couple around the twin cities :)

I love messing with my not so nice Sube parts guy by asking him for a part for an EA81 turbo.He responds "what year" and I respond "it doesn't matter,parts are the same for the two years it was produced.He doesn't have a clue.Dave.

I thought the EA81T was used in the Brats up till 85 or 86... I could be wrong though. I know it came out in 83.....

This sounds like fun....

YOu know you need a better Subaru dealer when you tell the person behind the parts counter what car you have and they say "Is that a Subaru?" :banghead:

It was funny though because that guy was new and all he knew about were Impreza's. The OTHER guy cam over and he knows me by both car and name. :) No problems.

I guess I"m pretty lucky in the fact that the dealership in my area has a pretty good service deparment. The guys working in there have been for the last 20 years, so they know about the older rigs, and the parts guys are amazing, when I asked about a dash for my 84 Turbo, they tried the computer, then the book, and make about 15 minutes worth of phone calls, they actually came up with 3 new ones, and 5 rebuilt ones, granted I had nowhere near the money the wanted for them, but the fact that they found some for me is pretty kewl.

I can't complain too much.. When the original debate came up about the different compressions in the EA82s, I called the local dealership.. I asked what made up the difference.. whethere it was the head or the pistons.. he said he didn't know, but he called the special SOA dealer hotline and got the info on each one.. what makes the CR different and the part numbers..

On the flip side, he said it was probably a bad idea to actually have them work on my car as none of them had ever worked on one.. but at least he was nice about it ..and the parts guys always find what I need, just not at a price I can pay.