Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Planning to buy a xt6, but need some help to fix it up.

Hi board. Ever since I moved to michigan from washington, I made a vow not to buy a project car so that I could dedicate myself into studying. Yet soon as I saw a xt6 sale in Michigan I had to jump on it. The owner told me engine and tranny are fine but

bad u-joints (the driveshaft is in the trunk , the cars running in Front wheel drive but the AWD does work), brake calipers , the right rear air strutt is blown the other three have been replaced , bad power steering pump , no exhaust ,
Since I do not know anyone who can help me hual this down, I'm planning to take a bus to where he lives and drive down back to my place. I was wondering what needs to be fix for small road trip(possibly 200miles)Nothing major but things that are need to be fix in order to be somewhat safe on the road.

Thanks

Dan

Here is the link to the marketplace just in case

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=172575#post172575

Here are some more problem...I can't figure out what is wrong...

Here`s whats going on with the brakes or something with the right front wheel, when I took it up to get air in the tires the other day about 2 blocks down the road I felt it pulling to the right bad, like the wheel was being held back and the steering wheel (no power steering) was pulling hard to the right.What that means I dont know for sure but the tire is wore on the outside edge.

Thanks

Dan

I have the complete exhaust system for the XT-6 here, would need a new muffler though. I would need your old Y-pipe back so I have it for my engine, to build a custom system off of....

May just need to replace the brushes in the Cybrid steering pump is all, but.......

Could be a number of different things wrong with the front brakes, from stuck caliper, bad flex hose, ect......

I'll send an email off to the guy that bought the XT-6 shell from me, see if he's willing to sell some parts from it. But, there is no front/rear suspension stuff under it, do believe the struts did go with the car though. If I 'members right, all the struts worked, as did everything else on the vehicle. Cybrid steering pump was good, too. Nothing would have to be un-bolted from the vehicle. I totally stripped it out, and threw inside what Miles and I didn't want.

The Cybrid steering on the XT-6 takes a special fluid, can't use regular steering fluid in them, it will ruin the seals. Not good.....

Give me a couple of days on this. I'll be at work most of the time over the next 3-4 days. Got a BIG JOB hitting the door this afternoon, and we have to have everything up and running by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Otherwise, we all just might as well bring our toolboxes back home.