Ultimate Subaru Message Board

manual-lift shocks/susp.

SubaSkeet

im doin an ickle bit o' research on those shocks/susp. that adjust in height by cranking a bolt or something (dont know much on it... why im researching, duh). couple questions needing answers:

how much are they $?

has anyone ran these on soobs?

how easy are they to set up?

how do they work?

where can i get them?

are they dependable/worth paying the big bucks for them?

what im looking for is some way to lift my subaru (not too much) when off roading and lowering it back down a bit for the road so i dont jack up my driveshaft/joints. i will give a bum a penny for every reply i get. thanks, skeet

well as far as the rear end i used xt trailing arm , springs, sway bar,,but the front struts from an xt will work ,but it will sit pretty low , i am also in need of front adjustable manual struts for my full time 4wd a/t turbo wagon , because the front sits lower than the back , the back air struts have quit working now,

skeet if you goto a parts store and look up struts for like say a 87 GL wagon 4wd and look at the adjustable ones they do have them I think monroe makes them that way and the rear struts are the same but you use a spring compressor and compress the spring then lift and turn the bottom perch

if you go that way you can adjust them and for the rear I would recomment puting a worm drive hose clamp around the bottom perch cause those tabs, even though rarely, have been known to snap off and that is a remedy for that